inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Todd Rundgren Live in Central Park LP

Written By: KC Time Machine on 01/13/09 at 1:59 pm

I'm trying to track down for a friend the name of a Todd Rundgren concert album that was recorded in Central Park.  It included a poster of the concert audience. 

Does this ring a bell?  :-\\

Thanks in advance!

KC

Subject: Re: Todd Rundgren Live in Central Park LP

Written By: CK on 02/02/11 at 1:02 am

I attended a free concert in Central Park where Todd Rundgren did record at least one song.  I probably have the album, but can't think of the name right now.  There was a black girl with some wild hair, carrying a guitar and Todd invited her up on stage.  She had a good voice and sang with him.  Her picture is on or in the album.  I always wondered if she became famous.  I think the concert was in the summer of the mid 70's.  

Written By: snowcat on 03/09/11 at 1:39 am

I believe it was called "Live in N.Y.C. '78" and it looks like it's available for sale on Amazon.com. 

Written By: Timmer on 10/20/11 at 9:48 pm

The name of, I believe, the first Central Park show album is 'Another Live'. I was there. Some of Rundgren's and Utopia's best work! And, unless I am mistaken, Rundgren's guitar work on that recording, which is probably my favorite of his live work, was played with his left pinky splinted.

Written By: whiteport on 11/18/11 at 9:57 am

The Another Live album was released as a Utopia album, they also have a live album called Redux '92 recorded in Japan. The Todd Rundgren Live In NYC ‘78 album is an import that's available at Amazon.com which sounds like the one you're referring to, the only other Live album from Todd Rundgren that I know of is called Back to The Bars, it was released in 1978 & is a very good album.

Check for new replies or respond here...