inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember Major Matt Mason toys?

Written By: Frank on 02/08/09 at 7:43 pm

and the space crawler and the space station?

Back in the late 60's and early 70's when most young boys wanted to be astronauts, these toys were a favorite of mine and my friends.
I never got the space station, but I had a space crawler

Subject: Re: Remember Major Matt Mason toys?

Written By: Michael C. on 02/08/09 at 8:27 pm

I had the space crawler too ! Did Your Matt Mason's "white suit" peel ?
Mine did.Right after I got it.

and the space crawler and the space station?

Back in the late 60's and early 70's when most young boys wanted to be astronauts, these toys were a favorite of mine and my friends.
I never got the space station, but I had a space crawler

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/08/09 at 8:52 pm

I had the Glider, the orange MM, and Skorpinox. The metal skeletons had a bad habit of breaking and sticking out.

Written By: Frank on 02/09/09 at 9:53 pm

I had the space crawler too ! Did Your Matt Mason's "white suit" peel ?
Mine did.Right after I got it.

Hi. I hadn't thought about it for over 30 years but..yah..it did peel, not right after I got it, but eventually.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/10/09 at 9:00 pm

Remember Captain Action ?

Hi. I hadn't thought about it for over 30 years but..yah..it did peel, not right after I got it, but eventually.

Written By: Frank again on 02/10/09 at 9:57 pm

Remember Captain Action ?

No I don't remember captain Action. Guess I missed that one. :-[

Written By: Michael C. on 02/11/09 at 6:34 pm

Check out the original TV Commercial from 1966

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Mr7FwkO4k

No I don't remember captain Action. Guess I missed that one. :-[

Written By: Frank on 02/11/09 at 11:04 pm

Check out the original TV Commercial from 1966

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Mr7FwkO4k

Thanks for the clip. Don't remember this one at all. Maybe we didn't have this in Canada? Does anyone know?

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/12/09 at 5:14 am

I don't remember Captain Action either, but I was very young when it came out... and i doubt it lasted very long by stepping on all those trademarked characters from different companies. Instead, I got Action Jackson. Yay.

Written By: Frank on 02/12/09 at 8:26 pm

I don't remember Captain Action either, but I was very young when it came out... and i doubt it lasted very long by stepping on all those trademarked characters from different companies. Instead, I got Action Jackson. Yay.

Never had Action Jackson. But had Evel Knievel (tiny plastic replica, not the real person), a motorcycle, a ramp and other accessories.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/12/09 at 9:00 pm

Never had Action Jackson. But had Evel Knievel (tiny plastic replica, not the real person), a motorcycle, a ramp and other accessories.
LMAO! A running joke here at home is about getting some Cubans... The cigars, not the people :) Yeah I had an Evel Knieval cycle too, that was lots of fun. I forgot whatever happened to it. Most likely the same thing that happened in That 70' Show. Coincidentally, my last name is Forman too.

Written By: Mushroom on 02/14/09 at 11:53 am

I remember my Major Matt Mason, and loved playing with it.  I even had it with me when Apollo 11 landed on the moon.

I don't remember what happened to it, but it probably dissapeared sometime between then and the Skylab missions.  I know it was definately gone by the time of the Apollo-Soyuz mission.

Written By: Frank on 02/14/09 at 11:10 pm

I remember my Major Matt Mason, and loved playing with it.  I even had it with me when Apollo 11 landed on the moon.

I don't remember what happened to it, but it probably dissapeared sometime between then and the Skylab missions.  I know it was definately gone by the time of the Apollo-Soyuz mission.

Apollo 11, yah. I think our generation (esp as kids) was blessed from being witness to Man first landing on the moon. The Space age seemed so exciting back then and if you were to have polled us kids back in 1969, we'd swear their woudl have been people from earth living on the moon by the year 2009

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/15/09 at 5:55 am

Apollo 11, yah. I think our generation (esp as kids) was blessed from being witness to Man first landing on the moon.
Then we grew up, and found out it was all a conspiracy. Bummer.

Written By: Frank on 02/16/09 at 3:02 pm

Then we grew up, and found out it was all a conspiracy. Bummer.

True. Just like Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the loch ness monster. Bigfoot is real though. Remember that six million dollar man episode?  ;)

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/16/09 at 3:43 pm

Bigfoot is real though. Remember that six million dollar man episode?  ;)
But he was just a robot.

Written By: Frank on 02/16/09 at 9:46 pm

But he was just a robot.

That's coz they couldn't find the real bigfoot. He's a shifty character..just when you think you found him, he dissapears again.  ;)

Written By: Michael C. on 02/16/09 at 10:40 pm

Thanks for the clip. Don't remember this one at all. Maybe we didn't have this in Canada? Does anyone know?

Check for new replies or respond here...