inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help! 70s TV commercial

Written By: Pwee1960 on 02/12/09 at 5:53 pm

Hi -- I just found this forum trying to find an answer to the following:

In the 70's (pretty sure it was the 70s) there was a commercial with a jingle that several friends can remember but nobody knows what the product was.  Can anyone here remember? 
The TV commercial had a guy in a white chef's suit I think and he was calling out, "Strawberry!  Blueberry!  Cherry!"

Thanks in advance!

Subject: Re: Help! 70s TV commercial

Written By: karen on 02/12/09 at 9:08 pm

It might be Kellog's Pop Tarts

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/12/09 at 9:23 pm

I thought he was pushing a cart as an outdoor fruit seller, but he's selling either pop tarts or jello I think. I know this jingle, the guy sings in sort of a Italian operatic voice

Written By: Pwee1960 on 02/13/09 at 3:53 pm

Thanks for the help.  I thought it was Pop Tarts, too, but can't seem to find out for sure.  Yes!  It is the one with the guy pushing the cart. 

Just one of those nagging things now that the jingle is in my head! :)

Written By: Robert on 02/18/09 at 9:41 am

Hi -- I just found this forum trying to find an answer to the following:

In the 70's (pretty sure it was the 70s) there was a commercial with a jingle that several friends can remember but nobody knows what the product was.  Can anyone here remember? 
The TV commercial had a guy in a white chef's suit I think and he was calling out, "Strawberry!  Blueberry!  Cherry!"

Thanks in advance!

I may be wrong but I think it was a commercial for Hostess Fruit Pies.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/10/12 at 8:10 pm

It might be Kellog's Pop Tarts

Nailed it.  Proof courtesy of Don, who posted about it in another thread.  Poster warped cites it as being from September 1968.

Pop-Tarts Commercial.

(Fruit vendor walking with cart, calling out) "Strawberries! Bluberries! Cherries!"

(Narrator) "Get real fruit, freshly preserved, in Kellogg's Pop Tarts. A tasty change of pastry with a tender sweet double crust. Toast 'em up golden for breakfast. Serve 'em fresh in many fresh fruit flavors, plus brown sugar/cinnamon. Get your Kellogg's Pop-Tarts."

The Special K commercial that immediately follows the Pop-Tarts spot is also interesting - it sounds like "protein" was once pronounced with three syllables: "pro-tee-inn".

Written By: warped on 08/10/12 at 9:01 pm

Thanks for connecting it.
The youtube video said the ad was from Sept 1968, and we know youtube is always accurate.
um yeah...

Written By: Howard on 08/11/12 at 6:25 am

Thanks for connecting it.
The youtube video said the ad was from Sept 1968, and we know youtube is always accurate.
um yeah...

the video was in black and white so you know it came from the 60's.

Written By: karen on 08/12/12 at 2:02 pm

the video was in black and white so you know it came from the 60's.

depending on the source of the video.  I didn't have a colour tv until about 1980

Check for new replies or respond here...