inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Now is the time

Written By: tvtoka on 04/13/09 at 3:28 pm

Hello all

I'm looking for a song that goes something like: Now is the time, time to release, time to release, whoa.  I think it's a 70/80's song.  It has a rather nice and repetitive tune.  It sounds like an African-American old disco genre. Not sure about the title nor the artist/band. I wonder if it's done by Odyseey who did "Back to my roots", the voice(s) sound kind of similar. That's all I can provide, I'm sure someone out there will recognise it. 

Please help

V

Subject: Re: Now is the time

Written By: Henk on 04/13/09 at 3:41 pm

I don't think this is what you're looking for, but Jimmy James & The Vagabonds had a song called "Now Is The Time" (1976).
Can't find it on YouTube, unfortunately, but lyrics are as follows:

(Now!) Now is the time to set things right

(Now!) Now is the time we should unite
We don't need revolutions
we just need to open our eyes
Revolution is no solution we ought to realise.

(Now!) Now is the time to set things right

(Now!) Now is the time to see the light
Looking back to see the future
And to rid the age of nuclear
Now is the time to set things right.

Take a look around
what a mess we're living in
God created love
and man
he created sin
Taking from the earth
but never putting in
Now what becomes of man when he has used up everything'

(Now!) Now is the time we should unite

BTW: Did you ever find that Temptations' song? If not, I might be able to help.

Thanks a lot.  I'll keep my light in my window is indeed the right title. It's by The Temptations.  I.m yet to find the download.

Thanks

Vic

Written By: Paul on 04/13/09 at 4:09 pm

I don't think this is what you're looking for, but Jimmy James & The Vagabonds had a song called "Now Is The Time" (1976).
Can't find it on YouTube, unfortunately

Here it is!

(Featuring an extremely young-looking David Hamilton doing the presenting honours!  :D)

This sounds different from the single version due to the fact that the all powerful British music union insisted that a certain amount of songs had to be played 'live' on TV (accompanied by the BBC orchestra!) back in those days!

Written By: Henk on 04/13/09 at 4:13 pm

Here it is!

(Featuring an extremely young-looking David Hamilton doing the presenting honours!  :D)

This sounds different from the single version due to the fact that the all powerful British music union insisted that a certain amount of songs had to be played 'live' on TV (accompanied by the BBC orchestra!) back in those days!

Thanks for helping me out there. :) Sadly, it doesn't sound anything like Odyssey, so it's probably not right anyway.

Written By: karen on 04/13/09 at 7:10 pm

I wonder, could it be Release by Patti LaBelle?

http://www.celebrina.com/patti-labelle/lyrics/release.html

Check for new replies or respond here...