inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 70s sci fi

Written By: PASTELSUITSROCK on 04/14/09 at 9:15 am

Hello everyone. I was looking for some help finding some...well..any information on an old 70s TV show...Ok i dont no why..its just bugging me.
All that i can remember about the show was that it was at least in part in black and white. It was French subtitled. And involved giant spaceships that ..kinda..looked like giant pears cut in half. I cant remember much about the show other than some poor chap was being chased. To be honest i have no idea what was going on....but it looked good. The SFX were very good if i remember correctly.
Now my mostly foggy memory also remembers that the show often turned into a colour show with a blue headed ...head..arguing with a green or yellow head......Now i realise that you must think im stark raving bonkers...and im not gona argue on that point. But any help would be most welcome

Pastelsuitsrock

Subject: Re: 70s sci fi

Written By: Tia on 04/14/09 at 9:24 am

i dunno but it sounds spliff-tastic! i want a copy.

Written By: Michael C. on 04/25/09 at 2:55 pm

Not sure if that Show made it to the U.S.

Written By: gumbypiz on 04/26/09 at 1:22 pm

Possibly your speaking of the bizarre and surreal spy drama "The Prisoner" starring Patrick McGoohan?

You can see just by that youtube clip, The Prisoner (Wikipedia link) is completely bats*it crazy in its conception, although it does make some interesting viewing. Its entirely possible that from your description spaceships and blue/green heads and so forth that it was just one other strange episode of the series.

It was a show that was pretty difficult to follow if you didn't understand the premise or have watched it from the first episode, so it wouldn't be unusual for you to not understand what was happening or what was going on.

The show was shown in black in white the first season or so when it ran in the late '60's...

Written By: SonnyCrockett on 04/27/09 at 8:56 am

Thanks for the reply.  No not the prisoner.....great show by the way..and returning to our screens soooon in an all new version.
No , the show i am thinking of, was, im sure...French...I no the French are not famous for there Sci Fi..but there you have it . Im sure it was on early Sunday mornings. I think the only real clue i have to finding anything about this show is the Pear/Avocado shaped space ships. So i will keep looking.

Thanks again for the replys.

Pastelsuitsrock

Written By: Capt Quirk on 04/27/09 at 9:46 am

I no the French are not famous for there Sci Fi..but there you have it .

What? What about Jules Verne? He was the original Master of Sci Fi.

Written By: sonnycrockett on 04/28/09 at 4:37 am

Yes apart from Jules Verne...what have the French done for us......or Sci fi

Written By: Tia on 04/28/09 at 6:30 am

get the f**k off my board.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 04/28/09 at 8:05 am

Well, aside from Heavy Metal, you have me there. How about Freedom Fries and the phrase "Smell like a French Whore"?

Written By: soonycrockett on 04/30/09 at 3:36 am

the "what have the French done for us"....was a nod to monty python...not intended as an insult. Sorry if caused offence.

Pastelsuitsrock

Written By: Tia on 04/30/09 at 6:52 am

the "what have the French done for us"....was a nod to monty python...not intended as an insult. Sorry if caused offence.

Pastelsuitsrock
oh, whoops. sorry, all snark retracted.  :) monty python refs tend to sneak by me.

Check for new replies or respond here...