inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Make Up in the 1970s

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/06/09 at 4:29 pm

Hi Everyone!

I am interested in different make up looks from all eras and the 1970s intrigues me. I was wondering, what kind of make up looks did women wear back in the day? And what kind of make up would you wear out to the disco to "boogie, oogie, oogie..."?

( I'd appreciate pics too)

Thank you!

Subject: Re: Make Up in the 1970s

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/06/09 at 7:37 pm

I seem to remember lots of green eyeshadow and brown lipstick, although I was pretty young at the time.

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/06/09 at 7:47 pm

My mother used to wear either frosty green or frosty blue eyeshadow in the 70s.  I found an old tube of that blue eyeshadow in her closet when I was helping her move years ago.  At first I thought it was blue lip gloss!  :-[  ;D

From the many issues of Seventeen I own from the late 70s Bonne Bell Lip Smackers seemed very popular.  :)

Written By: karen on 05/06/09 at 8:57 pm

My mum wore either blue or green eye shadow, pink lipstick (or a shade called truly red for a night out) and black mascara from a block that you had to wet to apply.

Written By: 90steen on 05/07/09 at 3:31 pm

Make-up didn't seem to be as popular amongst teenagers in the 70's as it was in the 60's and 80's. From what I know anyways, 70's had a very natural look.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/07/09 at 4:39 pm

Thanks for all the input guys.

Now I didn't come along until the mid 80s ( i stil fell cheated  >:( ) But I have seen pics of my mom--rest her soul-- from the time. She wore silver eyeshadow. It looked cool and I copy the look from time to time. Look good.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...