inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Land of The Lost

Written By: anabel on 05/25/09 at 9:25 am

Marshall, Will and Holly...on a routine expedition....met the greatest erthquake ever known.....High on the rapids It struck their tiny raft (insert screams here) And plunged them down a thousand feet below
To the Land of the Lost....

With the new movie coming out with Will Ferrell, Sci-Fi channel is showing a marathon of all the original episodes. Matthew is actually watching them and begged me to record them all the way up to 3:30 tomorrow morning! It's cool that even though he's used to Jurassic Park and all the CGI stuff that he's interested in seeing this series.  Remember the Sleestaks and Cha Ka? It's all so obviously fake, but he likes the storyline, and the fact that I watched it as a kid.  :)

Anyone going to see the movie?  I'm not crazy about Will Ferrell, but it might be fun just for nostalgia's sake.

The episode we're watching now, "The Stranger", was written by Walter Koenig, who was Chekov in Star Trek.  I knew he wrote a Star Trek episode, but didn't know he did more than that.  Cool!

Subject: Re: Land of The Lost

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/25/09 at 9:34 am

I am not going to see this movie.  You have to love this show even though it's ridiculous but if you add Will Ferrell I deem it unwatchable.  He'll just take it to that awful place I don't want to visit... :P

Written By: Capt Quirk on 05/25/09 at 10:00 am

Ferrell gets a bad rap, but he really is talented. I think he did an excellent job in a almost two hour monologue as George Bush. To make this even funnier, a few years back, he played Federal Wildlife Officer Marshal Will Anholly in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Funny stuff. I was a fan of the show, and used to watch it on Saturday Mornings, as well as after school. This new one takes away the family aspect (The Marshall Family, Swiss Family Robinson ) and takes a slightly different track, but that could be cool too. It looks funny and the C.G. quality could only be an improvement. My boy (10) found it on SciFi this morning, and we sat through a couple shows. He enjoyed it, but I'm sure he'll love the movie. Let me rephrase that, we'll love the movie :)

Written By: Frank on 05/25/09 at 11:57 pm

Marshall, Will and Holly...on a routine expedition....met the greatest erthquake ever known.....High on the rapids It struck their tiny raft (insert screams here) And plunged them down a thousand feet below
To the Land of the Lost....

With the new movie coming out with Will Ferrell, Sci-Fi channel is showing a marathon of all the original episodes. Matthew is actually watching them and begged me to record them all the way up to 3:30 tomorrow morning! It's cool that even though he's used to Jurassic Park and all the CGI stuff that he's interested in seeing this series.  Remember the Sleestaks and Cha Ka? It's all so obviously fake, but he likes the storyline, and the fact that I watched it as a kid.  :)

Anyone going to see the movie?  I'm not crazy about Will Ferrell, but it might be fun just for nostalgia's sake.

The episode we're watching now, "The Stranger", was written by Walter Koenig, who was Chekov in Star Trek.   I knew he wrote a Star Trek episode, but didn't know he did more than that.  Cool!

Liked the show, won't see the film

Ahhh, those 1970's special effects  :)

Written By: belladonna on 05/26/09 at 5:47 am

I wondered if anyone was watching the marathon other than me.  Actually only watched a few episodes and suddenly realized that I was in high school when this was originally shown.  Hadn't thought that I was that old at the time but I know it was because I thought Wesley Eure was cute. 

I doubt I'll see the new movie as Will Ferrell tends to have one note characters in all his films.

Written By: Tia on 05/26/09 at 5:51 am

turns out wesley eure was also doing a role for a soap opera, i think it was general hospital, where he played a doctor. he ran across the lot every day right after being finished playing a doctor so he could play a sixteen-year-old boy in prehistoric times. oh, the irony.

i've got a land of the lost thread on this board somewhere from a couple years ago, i went on a land of the lost tear. i probably wont bother with the new movie because it's pretty clear they have no idea what made the original cool and interesting.

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/09 at 7:07 am

Liked the show, won't see the film

Ahhh, those 1970's special effects  :)

those effects definitely weren't very special!  ;D

I'm not seeing it because it obviously isn't about a man and his children trapped in the Land of the Lost... if two men and hot women get trapped it seems to me they have less of a reason to return to the real world...  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/09 at 7:08 am

turns out wesley eure was also doing a role for a soap opera, i think it was general hospital, where he played a doctor. he ran across the lot every day right after being finished playing a doctor so he could play a sixteen-year-old boy in prehistoric times. oh, the irony.

i've got a land of the lost thread on this board somewhere from a couple years ago, i went on a land of the lost tear. i probably wont bother with the new movie because it's pretty clear they have no idea what made the original cool and interesting.

It was Days of Our Lives.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 05/27/09 at 9:23 am

I'm not seeing it because it obviously isn't about a man and his children trapped in the Land of the Lost... if two men and hot women get trapped it seems to me they have less of a reason to return to the real world...  ::)
Yeah... aside from the Dinosaurs, Sleestacks, and mosquitoes the size of Vultures, it's a perfect little Paradise.

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/09 at 5:46 pm

Yeah... aside from the Dinosaurs, Sleestacks, and mosquitoes the size of Vultures, it's a perfect little Paradise.

But since they always seem capable of escaping those things I'm guessing it'd be bearable. ;)

Written By: anabel on 05/27/09 at 5:59 pm

Actually, he was on Days Of our Lives.  I only knew that because when my Grandma would pick me up from school and take me to her house til my Mom picked me up, she would watch DOOL.  I had such a crush on him.  He was one of the many Dr. Mike Hortons. I remember watching LOTL and thinking it was as cool as kids think Jurassic Park is now... ::)

The more previews I see, the more I think Will Ferrell is just all wrong for it.  He's so desperate to make people laugh and that just turns me off.  I don't want to laugh at someone because they need me to-I want to laugh at them if I think they're funny.  The dinosaurs look cool-wonder if Dopey will still be around?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/29/09 at 9:38 pm

I watched some of the 70s Land of the Lost when they replayed them on the Sci-fi network. I foundit quite amusing. I mean the blue screen use on that show and the plastic/play doh dinosaurs were funny. I don't think I would have bought that show as a kid.

But I did watch the 1990s version of the show and really liked it!  :)

Written By: Capt Quirk on 05/29/09 at 9:49 pm

They did it again in the 90's? Wow, I really missed a lot during that decade.

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/09 at 3:51 am

They did it again in the 90's? Wow, I really missed a lot during that decade.

http://epguides.com/LandoftheLost_1991/

no worries... I missed it too!

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/09 at 8:26 am

I remember the 90s version.  I actually used to watch it.  Not really by choice, but because it was all that was on, plus when you're lazy and can't reach the remote, you tend to watch whatever is on at the time LOL

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/09 at 8:12 pm

I remember the 90s version.  I actually used to watch it.  Not really by choice, but because it was all that was on, plus when you're lazy and can't reach the remote, you tend to watch whatever is on at the time LOL

happens to me...all too often! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...