inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brady Bunch

Written By: Frank on 06/17/09 at 12:13 pm

This show ran from 1969 to 1974. I used to watch it on ABC every week. It was my favorite show, back in the day
I have all 5 seasons on DVD now. Still love this show. When I was young, I wanted to be one of the Brady kids as well (growing up, my own family was a mess)

Who was your favorite character on the show?

Marsha Brady was mine, she was one of my 1st crushes too. Although in the last season, Jan was better looking.

I don't have a favorite episode, but I always liked the episode where Marsha has a crush on Harvey, the bug guy.
http://ebonytamu.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/brady-bunch-21.jpg

Subject: Re: Brady Bunch

Written By: whistledog on 06/17/09 at 6:40 pm

I voted for Mike Brady.  He was a cool dad who always had a good lessons to teach his kids.

The Brady Bunch was a great show and I always enjoy watching the reruns.  I really enjoyed the movies they made in the 90s with Gary Cole and Shelly Long.  Every design Mike made at work looked just like his house LOL and when he finally sold one of them, he celebrated by taking his family to Sears.  Man, that had me in stitches ;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/17/09 at 7:37 pm

^I'm gonna have to dig up my old VHS copy of the Brady Bunch movie sometime!  ;D

My favorite BB character is Jan.  :)

I have all five seasons of the BB, but Season 1 is still my favorite.

Written By: whistledog on 06/17/09 at 7:53 pm

^I'm gonna have to dig up my old VHS copy of the Brady Bunch movie sometime!  ;D

It's an awesome film.  Mike Brady's play on fatherisms, spoofing the original series was wicked ...

♦ "Cindy, you know by tattling on your friends, you're really just tattling on yourself. By tattling on your friends, you're just telling them that you're a tattletale. Now is that the tale you want to tell?"

♦ "As a wise man once said, "Wherever you go, there you are."

;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/17/09 at 8:33 pm

Anne B. Davis as Alice!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/17/09 at 10:11 pm

My fav was Jan.

She was just so...not fitting in with the rest of the family if y'know what I mean. Nowadays Jan's character would of been pretty popular and had her own spin off of something along the likes of Ugly Betty or similar.

I could relate, even then, to her plight. Between perfect Marcia, and way too sickeningly cute Cindy, it was a difficult spot to shine.

Plus as the show went on, and the girls grew up, Jan seemed to outdistance Marcia and um, er...filled out a bit better? ::)

I don't know, I guess I'm always attracted to the strange crazy ones...

Written By: Frank on 06/18/09 at 12:04 am

My fav was Jan.

She was just so...not fitting in with the rest of the family if y'know what I mean. Nowadays Jan's character would of been pretty popular and had her own spin off of something along the likes of Ugly Betty or similar.

I could relate, even then, to her plight. Between perfect Marcia, and way too sickeningly cute Cindy, it was a difficult spot to shine.

Plus as the show went on, and the girls grew up, Jan seemed to outdistance Marcia and um, er...filled out a bit better? ::)

I don't know, I guess I'm always attracted to the strange crazy ones...

I never liked Cindy much.
Yup, by the last season Jan filled out better.
Too bad these days Eve Plumb does not want anything to do with the show, I guess the final nail was when Maureen (Marsha) wrote about having an interesting kiss with Eve Plumb.  :o

Written By: whistledog on 06/18/09 at 12:09 am

I remember the Brady Bunch Christmas Special, they replaced Susan Olsen with the very sexy Jennifer Runyon (best remembered for her roles on 'Charles in Charge' and the 1984 film 'Up the Creek').  Though she did a good job, it's never a good thing to mess with cast changes because people always want the original stars.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/18/09 at 1:41 pm

I ALWAYS thought Jan was the prettiest.  I don't get why Marsha got so much attention.  Maybe I'm just weird.  Jan seemed the most normal out of all of them. 

I could never stand Greg.  He still has such a huge ick factor.

Mike Lookinland's (who played Bobby) son goes to the school where I work. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/18/09 at 1:53 pm

I always liked Peter.  He was cute, funny and a bit goofy.  :)

Written By: Frank on 06/19/09 at 2:54 pm

So far Jan is leading with 3 votes, oddly enough, Oliver has no votes yet. I'm sure his total will pick up and blow by everyone  :D

Written By: robby76 on 06/21/09 at 1:38 am

Peter would've been my second choice.

I actually voted for Cindy - she and her lisp were too cute.

Also agreed that Greg was highly annoying.

Written By: Michael C. on 06/21/09 at 12:35 pm

I think more People related to Jan.....Cindy was so cutesy & Marcia....well...."Marcia,Marsha,Marsha", just about sums Her up......
Jan was just trying to deal with being a middle {sometimes invisible} Child.Trying to live up to Marcia's perfection & Cindy's annoying tattling & Shirley Temple wannabe tendencies.
And there was that crush She had on Alice's Man,Sam.  ::)

I ALWAYS thought Jan was the prettiest.  I don't get why Marsha got so much attention.  Maybe I'm just weird.  Jan seemed the most normal out of all of them. 

Written By: mooster on 06/22/09 at 2:10 am

Me too ! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/09 at 3:16 am

peter was the cutest one so I picked him  :)

Written By: mikey on 06/24/09 at 10:56 pm

I am pretty sure that Robert Reed's favorite was Peter!!! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/09 at 10:57 pm

I am pretty sure that Robert Reed's favorite was Peter!!! ;D

did you just call robert reed a pedophile  >:(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/24/09 at 11:03 pm

I could never stand Greg.  He still has such a huge ick factor.

Mike Lookinland's (who played Bobby) son goes to the school where I work. 

no way! that's too funny. Do people know him as Bobby Brady's son? lol.

My fav is Jan.

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/09 at 11:28 pm

no way! that's too funny. Do people know him as Bobby Brady's son? lol.

My fav is Jan.

I need to come visit your school so I can get a pic with Mike and make frank jealous!

Written By: Womble on 06/25/09 at 8:29 pm

I voted for Alice. She was always funny.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/09 at 12:40 am

I voted for Alice. She was always funny.

She was funny...and sometimes she saved the day!
:)

Written By: 90steen on 06/29/09 at 8:38 pm

My vote went to Jan. But in a family sitcom my vote always goes to the blacksheep of the family because it reminds me of me growing up.

I'm just joking. sort of.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 2:28 pm

Had a crush on Bobby - but Alice was what made the show (she had to have a sense of humor taking care of a family of 6 kids) 8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/09/09 at 10:35 pm

Had a crush on Bobby - but Alice was what made the show (she had to have a sense of humor taking care of a family of 6 kids) 8)

Yay! Another fan of Alice!  I like how she courted Sam the butcher.

My favorite character on Family Guy is Brian the Dog.  I tend to like characters who are a bit out of the family dynamic.  They tend to be more interesting...

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/elkgrin.gif

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 12:01 pm

and that lazy assed, pampered wife of Mr Brady's I mean really what the hell did she do again ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/11/09 at 10:38 pm

and that lazy assed, pampered wife of Mr Brady's I mean really what the hell did she do again ;D

She took Valium and went to ECT sessions!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/freak6.gif

Written By: Frank on 07/11/09 at 11:05 pm

She drank 10 cups of coffee all day too.
Nevertheless, my favorite show.

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 11:11 am

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...