inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 70's album by gary and dave 'together" particularily "here it comes again"

Written By: roadwarrior on 07/01/09 at 8:50 pm

Can't find this record anywhere.any ideas

Subject: Re: 70's album by gary and dave 'together" particularily "here it comes again"

Written By: whistledog on 07/01/09 at 9:08 pm

ah Gary and Dave, a great Canadian pop duo.

I have their hits 'I May Never See you Again', 'Could You Ever Love Me Again', 'I Fell in Love With You Sometime' and their version of Carole King's 'It Might As Well Rain Until September' on mp3.  Their stuff is extremely hard to find.  I have a cassette copy of 'Together' that I tried to rip to mp3 once, but it is so old, it's nothing but tape hiss :(

Subject: Re: 70's album by gary and dave 'together" particularily "here it comes again"

Written By: Paul on 07/02/09 at 6:55 am

Not sure if this page will be of any use to you...

It contains four G&D songs, however, I'm not sure what sort of quality they're in (plus, they're streaming audio, so you'll have to find some way to 'capture' them!)

Like Jason says, their stuff is difficult to find and I'm not sure if anything, barring the #1 hit, has been released on CD...your best bet is to grab a second hand LP of the pair...

Written By: whistledog on 07/02/09 at 8:10 pm

Of their songs on CD, I know 'Could You Ever Love Me Again' has appeared on some Australian Comp CDs (It was a HUGE hit there), but I don't think it would make a Stateside compilation.  It barely scraped the US Hot 100 and was their lone chart single there :(

If anything, 'It Might as Well Rain Until September' would appear on a Carole King tribute CD.  It was a well done version, very beautiful!

For the record, here are the hits they had ...

CAN AC = Canadian Adult Contemporary Chart

1973 - Here it Comes Again
1973 - Could You Ever Love Me Again
1974 - I Fell in Love With You Sometime
1974 - It Might as Well Rain Until September
1974 - I May Never See You Again
1975 - What Can You Do About It
1975 - All in the Past
1977 - It's All Right My Darling

Check for new replies or respond here...