inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for Mr Goodbar

Written By: mrmuffer69 on 07/08/09 at 4:07 pm

I was wondering if anyone had tv guides from 1978-1979 and could tell me what date that the movie Looking for Mr. Goodbar aired. I am pretty sure it was on ABC and on a Sunday night. I don't think that is was as late as the 1980's but I could be wrong. I am pretty sure it was sometime in 1978-1979 since the theatrical release was in 1977.

Subject: Re: Looking for Mr Goodbar

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/08/09 at 4:09 pm

I was wondering if anyone had tv guides from 1978-1979 and could tell me what date that the movie Looking for Mr. Goodbar aired. I am pretty sure it was on ABC and on a Sunday night. I don't think that is was as late as the 1980's but I could be wrong. I am pretty sure it was sometime in 1978-1979 since the theatrical release was in 1977.

Here in the UK, we have huge archive libraries for newspapers etc. Have you ask at your central library?

Written By: Tam on 07/08/09 at 6:57 pm

October 19th, 1977 limited release in the US.
In theaters. No clue about tv.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076327/releaseinfo

Written By: zcrito on 07/08/09 at 8:41 pm

I was wondering if anyone had tv guides from 1978-1979 and could tell me what date that the movie Looking for Mr. Goodbar aired.

On television?
To be honest I don't believe it would have made it to commercial television by '78-'79.
That's way too soon and that may have been a year or two before cable television got off the ground.

I recall it first showing up on television (and yes I think it was a late Sunday night) in 1985 or 1986.
As for the movie itself, I never cared for it, not the kind of movie I'm interested in,
but I did know someone at the time who did, not sure why she did,
and I remember a Howard Jones song being out at the time when it made it to television.

Again, that's my guess.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/09 at 2:13 am

I was wondering if anyone had tv guides from 1978-1979 and could tell me what date that the movie Looking for Mr. Goodbar aired.

On television?
To be honest I don't believe it would have made it to commercial television by '78-'79.
That's way too soon and that may have been a year or two before cable television got off the ground.

I recall it first showing up on television (and yes I think it was a late Sunday night) in 1985 or 1986.
As for the movie itself, I never cared for it, not the kind of movie I'm interested in,
but I did know someone at the time who did, not sure why she did,
and I remember a Howard Jones song being out at the time when it made it to television.

Again, that's my guess.

True, for back in the late 70's and early 80's, here in the UK there was back then a 5 year wiat for broadcast on tv.

Written By: Frank on 07/10/09 at 12:49 am

Saw the movie on TV, late night, very early 80's I imagine.
Don't recall if it aired back in 78 or so, prime time.
If it did, must have had some (sex) scenes cut out back then.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/09 at 2:02 am

Have you contacted ABC yet?

Written By: AJM on 08/17/13 at 8:37 am

The movie aired on ABC in 1980, obviously EDITED FOR TELEVISION...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/21/13 at 8:35 pm

Mistah Goodbah!

As they say in Boston.

Written By: Howard on 08/22/13 at 6:44 am

I'm still looking for Mr.Goodbar, Where could he have gone to?  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...