inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nostalgia is calling I need help finding a song or album

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 12:21 pm

http://www.discogs.com/image/R-1523209-1225913497.jpeg

I'm looking for the song Princess & the Punk by Barry Mann -  anyone even remember this?  I used to have this Ronco Album.

really I'd prefer an MP3 of the song only but I guess if I have to buy the album I will.  So far I've only seen the album avail overseas. I thought I'd appeal to my talented and eclectic friends and see if you guys might have it or might know where else I can find it! 

Thanks!

Subject: Re: Nostalgia is calling I need help finding a song or album

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/11/09 at 12:55 pm

I remember the song, I used to have it on album (probably the same K-tel/Ronco record).

Gosh I haven't heard/thought of that song in YEARS.

I don't DO mp3s so I'm sorry I can't help ya.  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 1:25 pm

I remember the song, I used to have it on album (probably the same K-tel/Ronco record).

Gosh I haven't heard/thought of that song in YEARS.

I don't DO mp3s so I'm sorry I can't help ya.  :\'(

oh well I'm glad someone else remembers the song too... funny it would be you wouldn't it  ;)

Written By: Michael C. on 07/11/09 at 1:27 pm

I remember it too.
Checked all My "sources"...Couldn't find the MP3.

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 1:42 pm

I remember it too.
Checked all My "sources"...Couldn't find the MP3.

thanks for trying!  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/11/09 at 2:15 pm

funny it would be you wouldn't it  ;)

Yeah, rather amazing that we have ANYTHING in common.  lol

OK, here's a weird find:

It's a CD from China (so shipping will be outrageous) http://cgi.ebay.com/BARRY-MANN-Survivor-JAPAN-LTD-MINI-LP-CD-NEW-4_W0QQitemZ170347688993QQcategoryZ46498QQcmdZViewItem

It's going for $2.99 but shipping is either $3 or $8.  Bah!

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 2:28 pm

Yeah, rather amazing that we have ANYTHING in common.  lol

OK, here's a weird find:

It's a CD from China (so shipping will be outrageous) http://cgi.ebay.com/BARRY-MANN-Survivor-JAPAN-LTD-MINI-LP-CD-NEW-4_W0QQitemZ170347688993QQcategoryZ46498QQcmdZViewItem

It's going for $2.99 but shipping is either $3 or $8.  Bah!

I found that on amazon but for almost $40 dollars.  :o  Actually they only list 10 of the 15 tracks there so I didn't realize that it had Princess and the Punk on it...

THANKS PATTY..... I guess I should have read the reviews at amazon earlier today and saved you all that research time!  ;D  but I appreciate your diligence I totally owe you more karma!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/11/09 at 2:40 pm

I found that on amazon but for almost $40 dollars.  :o  Actually they only list 10 of the 15 tracks there so I didn't realize that it had Princess and the Punk on it...

THANKS PATTY..... I guess I should have read the reviews at amazon earlier today and saved you all that research time!  ;D  but I appreciate your diligence I totally owe you more karma!

You forget that I was a librarian and we live for this stuff!!  Makes me feel all needed and stuff.  lol

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 3:07 pm

You forget that I was a librarian and we live for this stuff!!  Makes me feel all needed and stuff.  lol

hey anytime... now I wish I needed something else right now but soon as I do I will call on you!!!

Written By: whistledog on 07/11/09 at 5:14 pm

I tried searching for this song, but I was unable to locate it.

I can tell you that it reached US #78 and #77 in Canada during 1976.  Not the biggest of hits, but sometimes those are the best ones!

Written By: Claybricks on 07/11/09 at 5:54 pm

http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/f9/1e/a7b2_1.JPG

Still Sealed...Buy It Now for $7.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hit-Explosion-Various-Artist-Still-Sealed-LP_W0QQitemZ350014939011QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?

Note: Picture is from a different auction on Ebay

Dan

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/11/09 at 5:58 pm

That's the very album I had!  It might still be at my mom and dad's, although my first husband threw out a bunch of my stuff that he didn't want, so I think alot of albums are gone, gone gone.

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 6:18 pm

http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/f9/1e/a7b2_1.JPG

Still Sealed...Buy It Now for $7.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hit-Explosion-Various-Artist-Still-Sealed-LP_W0QQitemZ350014939011QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?

Note: Picture is from a different auction on Ebay

Dan

thanks!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/09 at 11:09 am

Try here, my friend.

http://www.musicvf.com/Barry+Mann.art

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/14/09 at 1:49 pm

Try here, my friend.

http://www.musicvf.com/Barry+Mann.art

Cat

That link for the MP3 takes you to Amazon (where you can buy it (if available)).  Unfortunately, no one has uploaded a MP3 of it there (or it seems anywhere).  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/09 at 1:51 pm

That link for the MP3 takes you to Amazon (where you can buy it (if available)).  Unfortunately, no one has uploaded a MP3 of it there (or it seems anywhere).  :(

Sorry. Didn't click on the link.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/15/09 at 7:44 pm

Sorry. Didn't click on the link.

Cat

well it was a nice effort and I got really excited for minute!  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/15/09 at 8:52 pm

Rats!  I was gonna look for my record album when I was down visiting my parents today, but it slipped my mind.

I'm gonna go back down there possibly Saturday so I'll try to remember then.  My hubby's uncle has a nice sound recorder and perhaps between the two of us can actually make an MP3 (if the record is still playable and I can find it.)  Don't hold your breath though.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/09 at 6:00 am

Rats!  I was gonna look for my record album when I was down visiting my parents today, but it slipped my mind.

I'm gonna go back down there possibly Saturday so I'll try to remember then.  My hubby's uncle has a nice sound recorder and perhaps between the two of us can actually make an MP3 (if the record is still playable and I can find it.)  Don't hold your breath though.   :-\\

I won't hold my breath...I've been thinking about this for about 8 years so I think I can wait a little longer.  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/17/11 at 8:15 pm

April 2009 to August 2009: 800 unread threads cleared out, 80% of which were Philenospam or Happy Birthday.  1500 to go.  Content-to-spam ratio is almost nil, but I found one thread that actually had content on it.

http://www.discogs.com/image/R-1523209-1225913497.jpeg

I'm looking for the song Princess & the Punk by Barry Mann -  anyone even remember this?  I used to have this Ronco Album.

The Ronco album is currently on eBay as an 8-track, item 370226885212, or as vinyl, item 390154939676.

If you don't mind a few scratches from an original vinyl rip, here's an .MP3 download of The Princess and the Punk hosted directly on Barry Mann's website.

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/11 at 8:59 pm

April 2009 to August 2009: 800 unread threads cleared out, 80% of which were Philenospam or Happy Birthday.  1500 to go.  Content-to-spam ratio is almost nil, but I found one thread that actually had content on it.

The Ronco album is currently on eBay as an 8-track, item 370226885212, or as vinyl, item 390154939676.

If you don't mind a few scratches from an original vinyl rip, here's an .MP3 download of The Princess and the Punk hosted directly on Barry Mann's website.

THANKS!!!!!  Seriously! And karma

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/17/11 at 9:33 pm

THANKS!!!!!  Seriously! And karma

Glad to help - first one of these "can't find a song" threads in several years that actually applies to a current member, and that we hadn't already managed to solve :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5143/5632179705_d39ea4fcf9_z.jpg

Like the slogan says, we do what we must, because we can.

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/11 at 2:37 am

Glad to help - first one of these "can't find a song" threads in several years that actually applies to a current member, and that we hadn't already managed to solve :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5143/5632179705_d39ea4fcf9_z.jpg

Like the slogan says, we do what we must, because we can.

nice slogan! I was on the website when I first made this thread but there wasn't an MP3 avail then.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/18/11 at 10:26 pm

Thank you from me too, Foo.  I'm very nearly inspired to make my own youtube video for it using SIMS or The Movies game.  Nearly.  If I wasn't so waterlogged from the humidity, I might.  lol

Can anyone give me easy instructions on how to save a mp3 to my computer?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/11 at 10:47 pm

Thank you from me too, Foo.  I'm very nearly inspired to make my own youtube video for it using SIMS or The Movies game.  Nearly.  If I wasn't so waterlogged from the humidity, I might.  lol

Can anyone give me easy instructions on how to save a mp3 to my computer?   ;D

Once I figure that out I'll let you know.  :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/19/11 at 12:19 am

Thank you from me too, Foo.  I'm very nearly inspired to make my own youtube video for it using SIMS or The Movies game.  Nearly.  If I wasn't so waterlogged from the humidity, I might.  lol

Can anyone give me easy instructions on how to save a mp3 to my computer?   ;D

From vinyl?   If you no longer have a standalone turntable, consider a USB turntable for ease-of-use.  I'd go the standalone turntable/amp/line-in solution myself.  For casual use, the turntable at your parents' place, even though it might not have been used for 20 years, is as good as anything you're likely to want to pay for.  Just be sure to google for all the things you forgot about the care, feeding, and playback of vinyl :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/19/11 at 1:35 am

From vinyl?   If you no longer have a standalone turntable, consider a USB turntable for ease-of-use.  I'd go the standalone turntable/amp/line-in solution myself.  For casual use, the turntable at your parents' place, even though it might not have been used for 20 years, is as good as anything you're likely to want to pay for.  Just be sure to google for all the things you forgot about the care, feeding, and playback of vinyl :)

Oh... sorry for not being clear.  I just meant, how do I save it from the link you provided from Barry Mann's website.  I listened to it just fine, I would just like to save it to my computer so I can listen to it if I'm not online.

BTW, I do have a turntable, just have never used it other then for collecting odds and ends (it makes a great table.)  :-http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=996433342815&id=a5d76e12433afa61d773834d1cc0c339 similar to the one I have but different cabinet.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/19/11 at 1:38 am

After all that, I figured it out by myself.

Go to the link page, then file then Save page as...  It will pop up a window asking where to save it as a mp3 audio file.  :-[  Kinda embarrassing how easy it was and I didn't figure it out. 

Written By: snozberries on 07/19/11 at 2:42 am

After all that, I figured it out by myself.

Go to the link page, then file then Save page as...  It will pop up a window asking where to save it as a mp3 audio file.   :-[  Kinda embarrassing how easy it was and I didn't figure it out. 

I hadn't worked that out so thanks!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/11 at 11:32 am

I bought an USB turntable years ago because I had the ambitious idea of transferring our vinyl to CD. However, I couldn't find a halfway decent program to go with it. Most of what was recorded sounded like sh!t. So now this turntable is sitting right next to me collecting dust.  :-\\

BTW, I do have a turntable, just have never used it other then for collecting odds and ends (it makes a great table.)  :-http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=996433342815&id=a5d76e12433afa61d773834d1cc0c339 similar to the one I have but different cabinet.

I looked into one of those but the reviews I read is that the sound isn't that great on them-which is why I went with an USB turntable.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...