inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gerald Ford as Pres

Written By: Ryan112390 on 07/29/09 at 12:04 am

Figured this is the '70s subform, I have to ask, for those alive then---Did you think Ol' Jerry Ford was doing a good job as Presidentt then? Looking back in retrospect do you think he did in his limited time as President a good job?

Did you vote against him or for him in '76, if so why and do you regret it either way?

And for those of us who weren't alive when Mr. Ford was Commander in Chief, what are your opinions on him as President?

Subject: Re: Gerald Ford as Pres

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/29/09 at 12:09 pm

When Ford became president, I recall thinking it was amazing and historical.

As president, I thought Ford was decent enough overall.  He did what he needed to do at that time, a tough time.  After Nixon resigned, we (this country) needed healing, and Ford helped that happen.  Ford didn't rock the boat, rather he steadied the ship.

I was too young to vote in '76 (16).  I probably would've voted for Carter, because I really liked Carter, not for dislike of Ford.  I would've been okay with Ford getting re-elected (unlike when Nixon was re-elected - I wasn't too happy).

Written By: danootaandme on 07/29/09 at 12:51 pm

Ford-The only American President that no one voted for.

Written By: Paul on 07/29/09 at 1:34 pm

Oddly enough, while he was President, our very own PM (James Callaghan) was also slipped in without a public vote being cast...

Exactly like the clown called Brown...and similar to 'Sunny' Jim, he hasn't proven to be much cop as a leader either... :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/30/09 at 9:14 pm

Oh, millions voted for him in '76, but Jimmeh Cawtah got millions more, so it was bye-bye Jerry, don't let the door hit you on the...

Awww, too late!

:P

Written By: Frank on 07/31/09 at 12:07 am

Archie Bunker (All in the family) said "He did pretty good for a guy nobody voted for"  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...