inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Little River Band

Written By: mooster on 08/21/09 at 7:48 am

It's A Long Way There (the long version) & Lonesome Loser for me  8)

Subject: Re: Little River Band

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/21/09 at 12:02 pm

Good poll!  :)

I picked "Reminiscing" and "Cool Change".

Written By: whistledog on 08/21/09 at 1:25 pm

From their 70s period, 'Reminiscing' is my all-time favourite.  Glenn Shorrock is awesome, but ironically, my all-time fave was the 1983 Farnham sung 'We Two'

Their best ever album was 'Time Exposure' from 1981.  I proudly own that on vinyl as well as 'The Night Owls' on 45

Written By: Frank on 08/21/09 at 3:32 pm

Nice little band, popular in Canada over the late 70s and maybe early 80s

I like "Lady" the best. Chose "Reminiscing" as a 2nd choice, it was close between that one and "Lonesome loser"

Written By: Henk on 08/21/09 at 4:16 pm

For some reason, LRB never really caught on in Holland, with only three Top 40 hits in the 1970's and none in the 1980's.

I picked "Help Is On Its Way" and Other: "Forever Blue", a surprise hit for the band in 1995 (#15).

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/21/09 at 4:59 pm

Cool Change & 'other' were my picks, other being "Take It Easy On Me" which surprises me it's not on the list.  it is my all time favorite LRB song

BILLBOARD TOP 20 SINGLES:

3 - Reminiscing (1978)
6 - Lonesome Loser (1979)
6 - Night Owls (1981)
10 - Lady (1979)
10 - Cool Change (1979)
10 - Take It Easy on Me (1981)
11 - The Other Guy (1982)
14 - Help Is On Its Way (1977)
14 - Man On Your Mind (1982)
16 - Happy Anniversary (1977)

Written By: Henk on 08/21/09 at 5:03 pm

Cool Change & 'other' were my picks, other being "Take It Easy On Me" which surprises me it's not on the list.  it is my all time favorite LRB song

I'm not entirely sure, but I think all songs on the list were 1970's hits for LRB in Australia. "Take It Easy On Me" might not have been.  :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/21/09 at 5:21 pm

I'm not entirely sure, but I think all songs on the list were 1970's hits for LRB in Australia. "Take It Easy On Me" might not have been.  :-\\

I think you are fairly sure, and thanks for being polite about it Henk  ;D  I forgot this is 70's, I just read Little River Band and went with with my fav.

sorry for questioning you Amanda  ::)

so scratch TIEOM as my fav, COOL Change is and 2nd place goes to Lonesome Loser

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/21/09 at 7:38 pm

My favorites -

Reminiscing
Lonesome Loser
Lady
Take It Easy On Me
The Night Owls
Cool Change

:)

Written By: mooster on 08/21/09 at 7:57 pm

I'm not entirely sure, but I think all songs on the list were 1970's hits for LRB in Australia. "Take It Easy On Me" might not have been.  :-\\

That's right Henk  :)

I think you are fairly sure, and thanks for being polite about it Henk   ;D   I forgot this is 70's, I just read Little River Band and went with with my fav.

sorry for questioning you Amanda  ::)

so scratch TIEOM as my fav, COOL Change is and 2nd place goes to Lonesome Loser

Not a worry Mike  8)  I might do an 80s version as well  ;)

Written By: Henk on 08/22/09 at 1:18 am

For some reason, LRB never really caught on in Holland, with only three Top 40 hits in the 1970's and none in the 1980's.

I picked "Help Is On Its Way" and Other: "Forever Blue", a surprise hit for the band in 1995 (#15).

Although "Forever Blue" was a 1990's hit, I stick with my choice. It is highly unlikely you're gonna do a 1990's version too. ;)

Written By: gibbo on 08/22/09 at 8:24 am

Reminiscing and It's A Long Way There (long version)

Written By: ninny on 08/22/09 at 9:07 am

Cool Change &  Lonesome Loser :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/09 at 11:43 am

Reminiscing and Lady

Written By: mooster on 08/23/09 at 2:51 am

Although "Forever Blue" was a 1990's hit, I stick with my choice. It is highly unlikely you're gonna do a 1990's version too. ;)

You could always do one ! 8)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 08/23/09 at 8:34 am

I picked Reminiscing and Cool Change but also love Lonesome Loser, Help Is on Its Way, Happy Anniversary, Home on Monday and Curiosity Killed the Cat.

I still go to see Glenn sing a couple of times a year. He can still rock the house with the boys from LRB even tho the stupid law prevents them from ever using that name again (but hey not that we Aussie fans are bitter about that ummmmmm).

He is very chatty on facebook too !

Written By: zcrito on 08/25/09 at 10:12 pm

Twelve years ago I saw them in concert at a local club (I'm not sure how many of them were original band members),
and I think I bought their "best of" CD a year or two before that.
The only song on their best of CD I never heard before was "Help Is on Its Way". It has been a favorite since and that includes these too...

Reminiscing
Lady
Lonesome Loser
Cool Change

Written By: gibbo on 08/26/09 at 8:41 am

Twelve years ago I saw them in concert at a local club (I'm not sure how many of them were original band members),
and I think I bought their "best of" CD a year or two before that.
The only song on their best of CD I never heard before was "Help Is on Its Way". It has been a favorite since and that includes these too...

Reminiscing
Lady
Lonesome Loser
Cool Change

Help Is On The Way was one of their first hits...I think Curiosity Killed the Cat may have been the first song of LRB that I ever heard (way back in the 70's).

Written By: mooster on 08/27/09 at 4:33 am

Help Is On The Way was one of their first hits...I think Curiosity Killed the Cat may have been the first song of LRB that I ever heard (way back in the 70's).

Yes, me too ! I saw it on Countdown...1975

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/18/09 at 2:59 pm

It's A Long Way There (the long version) & Lonesome Loser for me  8)

My two faves are 'It's A Long Way There' and 'Cool Change'!  ;)

Written By: mooster on 09/25/09 at 6:40 am

My two faves are 'It's A Long Way There' and 'Cool Change'!  ;)

8) 8) 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...