inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sports - The Rainbow Guy

Written By: Fasolt on 08/31/09 at 7:17 pm

I've been trying to find some info on a guy who appeared in the crowd at virtually every major US sporting event from about the mid-1970's into the 1980's. He wore a rainbow-colored wig and a long double-pointed beard. Wherever he was he always seemed to manaage to get in front of the TV cameras, and usually held a sign with a biblical reference. I think he went by a name similar to "Rockin' Rollin", but I haven't been able to find anything under that name on Google or Wikipedia.

I seem to remember reading that he wound up getting into some sort of legal trouble not related to his antics in the grandstands, and may have gone to prison. I'm not sure. Does anyone have any details, or maybe a link to further info?

Subject: Re: Sports - The Rainbow Guy

Written By: Frank on 08/31/09 at 7:24 pm

I've been trying to find some info on a guy who appeared in the crowd at virtually every major US sporting event from about the mid-1970's into the 1980's. He wore a rainbow-colored wig and a long double-pointed beard. Wherever he was he always seemed to manaage to get in front of the TV cameras, and usually held a sign with a biblical reference. I think he went by a name similar to "Rockin' Rollin", but I haven't been able to find anything under that name on Google or Wikipedia.

I seem to remember reading that he wound up getting into some sort of legal trouble not related to his antics in the grandstands, and may have gone to prison. I'm not sure. Does anyone have any details, or maybe a link to further info?

I know who you are talking about.
Check here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollen_Stewart

Written By: Fasolt on 09/01/09 at 7:38 am

Yep, that's the guy. Thanks. I had the spelling wrong.

Like most of my friends, when he first started showing up on TV I thought it was pretty funny. But after a couple of years of him turning up practically everywhere, the reaction sort of changed to "Oh no, not HIM again".

Written By: gibbo on 09/01/09 at 8:34 am

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q474/gibbo4/rs.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/09 at 9:08 am

I know who you are talking about.
Check here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollen_Stewart
Was it him that used to wear tee shirt with 3:15 at sporting events like the US golfing tournaments?

Written By: Frank on 09/01/09 at 10:30 am

Was it him that used to wear tee shirt with 3:15 at sporting events like the US golfing tournaments?

Yes, he had a sign that said "John 3:16" Referring to the famous Bible verse.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/09 at 11:00 am

Yes, he had a sign that said "John 3:16" Referring to the famous Bible verse.
I wondered about him when I kept seeing that sign.

Check for new replies or respond here...