inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: European disco song

Written By: Italian_hunk on 10/19/09 at 8:15 am

Hi there! I am looking for an old song. I like it very much, but I don't remember the lyrics. It is European disco song, probably from the 70s/early 80s.
I think it's Spanish (I think the word "contigo" was used in the chorus). It is girl/woman singing, she sounds like e teenage girl.
The song is similar to songs of Bacarra, but it's not them. Any help is appreciated. :)

Subject: Re: European disco song

Written By: Henk on 10/19/09 at 8:33 am

The first song that comes to mind is this one: Lay Love On You - Luisa Fernandez, an international hit from 1978.

She's Spanish, so there may be a Spanish version of the song too. And... she was only 16 years old at the time.

Modified to add:
The Spanish version is titled "Loca Por Ti", but I couldn't find that version on YouTube.

Written By: Italian_hunk on 10/19/09 at 8:52 am

The one that I'm searching for has a faster tempo. Luisa's song is mid tempo. But thanks anyway, that's a cool song too.

Written By: Italian_hunk on 10/19/09 at 5:30 pm

I've found the song myself - Jeanette - Porque Te Vas. It was initially released in 1974, but it became popular two years later in 1976
when it was featured in a motion picture. Jeanette was born in 1951 -> she was 23 in 1974. However, her voice is like that of a teenager or eben a tween.
If any of you knows some more similar songs from the 70s-80s where th singers sound like (or are) children/teens, feel free to recommend some of the better ones here.

Written By: Henk on 10/20/09 at 12:02 pm

I've found the song myself - Jeanette - Porque Te Vas. It was initially released in 1974, but it became popular two years later in 1976
when it was featured in a motion picture.

"Cria Cuervos" was the movie. Not that I've ever seen it.
The song made #32 in our charts in 1977.

FTR: with the information you gave us, I would never even have considered this song to be an option. It's nothing like Baccara, and it's definitely not faster than the Luisa Fernandez song. :-\\

Jeanette was born in 1951 -> she was 23 in 1974. However, her voice is like that of a teenager or eben a tween.
If any of you knows some more similar songs from the 70s-80s where th singers sound like (or are) children/teens, feel free to recommend some of the better ones here.

I'll see what I can do.

Check for new replies or respond here...