inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What kind of shirt is this?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 10/29/09 at 8:13 pm

Question--

What kind of shirt is this? This pic was taken more than likely in 1975, so the shirt is a 70s style--I know it's some kind of button down shirt, but what's with all the little vent holes in the shirt? What kind of style of shirt was that in the 70s, with the vents? For example like today dress shirts are categorized like ''bowling shirts'', or ''camp shirts''--But I've never seen a dress shirt with vents/holes all in it like this--so I'm wondering if there was a specific name for em?
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9858/save0010y.jpg

Subject: Re: What kind of shirt is this?

Written By: karen on 10/29/09 at 8:15 pm

It might have just been a printed pattern on the shirt.  I remember my dad having some weird patterns on his work shirts.

Written By: dogwelder on 10/29/09 at 9:18 pm

his eyes are uneven like alfred e. newman :D

Written By: Cindy on 11/01/09 at 11:58 pm

It's kind of hard to see details of the shirt very well in the photo, but I think it looks like a Guayabera, sometimes called a Mexican Wedding shirt.  Try googling that for pictures, and see if they look like your shirt.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/17/09 at 8:55 pm

It looks like a butterfly collar shirt to me.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...