inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chariots of the Gods and other bad documentaries

Written By: KKay on 11/23/09 at 7:56 am

I watched the famous Chariots of the Gods last night.  The music, available on Polydor LPs, was the worst, the narration is less than inspired and the footage grainy.  I loved every second.  I'm moving on to The Devil's (Bermuda) Triangle and Search for Noah's Ark next.

Got any others?

Subject: Re: Chariots of the Gods and other bad documentaries

Written By: Patrick on 11/25/09 at 2:08 pm

"The Search for Bigfoot" was a favorite back in the day. And although it wasn't a documentary, "Food of the Gods" was along the same lines and lot of fun. I saw them all in the theater as a kid and loved (and believed) every one of them.

Written By: KKay on 11/30/09 at 9:21 am

Nice.  Remember that trashy Faces of Death?  Wasn't that all a fake?

Written By: Davester on 11/30/09 at 4:43 pm

Nice.  Remember that trashy Faces of Death?  Wasn't that all a fake?

Nearly forgot about Faces of Death. Faces of Death (don't know why I repeated that).  Those tapes were sorta hard to find, business owners afraid of a community brow-beatdown.  But there was a small convenience store in the next town that had them for rent.  There will always be a debate as to which ones are real.  I understand now that most are indeed fake (how about the guy who accidentally parachuted into a pig pen and was eaten alive by Arnold the pig.  Gotta love it!)  I also understand a handful of real ones were mixed-in.  Probably spread out over several volumes...

Wow, FoD was the schiznick..!

Nice to see ya again, Belle... :)

Written By: KKay on 12/01/09 at 10:19 am

Nice to be here.  I wanna find more of these docu-wait!!!!  Jonestown.  I gotta find that.  I used to have an audio file of the REAL speech by jim Jones as they passed out the kool-aid.  Gruesome, but riveting. 

I'm also looking for a list of movies featuring disco music...after all this grim business you need to party.

Written By: lola669 on 12/03/09 at 1:02 am

I was just thinking about FACES OF DEATH...I think most of it was fake...the multiple camera angles gave it away.

Written By: KKay on 12/03/09 at 7:21 pm

The copy I had featured a little 'how it was made' section at the end, complete with bad 70s suits and voice modification..
hysterical.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/09 at 7:55 pm

Aw, it was just a bunch of f*ggy English guys running about in 1924 gear, and a dopey little Synclavier soundtrack.
:P

Written By: KKay on 12/21/09 at 12:08 pm

Aw, it was just a bunch of f*ggy English guys running about in 1924 gear, and a dopey little Synclavier soundtrack.
:P

You reminded me:  yesterday I was discussing the effectiveness of JohnCarpenter soundtracks.  The musical immaturity some how added to the scariness of the movie.  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/23/09 at 10:23 am

Legend of Boggy Creek, now THAT'S A BAD FILM!

;D

Written By: KKay on 12/23/09 at 10:25 am

Legend of Boggy Creek, now THAT'S A BAD FILM!

;D

and it's one of my family's favorites.  we all went, parents, aunts, uncles, kids...and it's legendary.  all the kids were scared...all the parents wanted their money back.
I have it on DVD as a keepsake!

Check for new replies or respond here...