inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Plz help me remember the Grocery store, Warren, Mich., Van Dyke and Old Chicago

Written By: Shannon M. on 02/17/10 at 1:29 am

Hi. (I was born in 1968) Grew up in Sterling Hts. most of my life. Can anyone help me remember the grocery store (?Kroger) that was in the plaza on Van Dyke, that faced Old Chicago/13 Mile Road ?!!!!
I seem to recall that there was a "futuristic" lunch counter /restaurant inside it.  It was (?) like a buffet with automated parts, that dispensed pre-advertised food (?).  The outside of the parking lot had a mini-golf , a true "Putt Putt" golf course, in it.
Any hints, pictures, rememberances would be welcome.  --Shannon

Subject: Re: Plz help me remember the Grocery store, Warren, Mich., Van Dyke and Old Chic

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/17/10 at 9:44 pm

Hi. (I was born in 1968) Grew up in Sterling Hts. most of my life. Can anyone help me remember the grocery store (?Kroger) that was in the plaza on Van Dyke, that faced Old Chicago/13 Mile Road ?!!!!
I seem to recall that there was a "futuristic" lunch counter /restaurant inside it.  It was (?) like a buffet with automated parts, that dispensed pre-advertised food (?).  The outside of the parking lot had a mini-golf , a true "Putt Putt" golf course, in it.
Any hints, pictures, rememberances would be welcome.  --Shannon

Sounds a bit like an Automat to me.  Do any of the pictures at the Wikipedia article ring a bell?

Subject: Re: Plz help me remember the Grocery store, Warren, Mich., Van Dyke and Old Chicago

Written By: Shane P on 02/19/10 at 1:50 am

The only place with Mini golf that I can think of thats on Van Dyke and 13 is Golf & Games, aka "The Butterfly" arcade, mini golf, and indoor and outdoor driving range. For years it was also the Van Dyke Drive-In. waterwinterwonderland.com may be of some help for this question.

Check for new replies or respond here...