inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for the name of a sticker set

Written By: topforty on 02/28/10 at 1:18 pm

I just joined the forum this morning.  Had been reading the threads and taking some of the quizzes since Thursday night when I found this website.  Have to say wow, talk about a time capsule for the 1970's.

I've been looking for and have yet to find an item from the 1970's I purchased as a child.  It was a sticker set thing that came with a postcard about the size of a 3x5 index card.  The post card was a partially filled message with something that started like  "Meet me at the _____ at ____".  Then you had these oval shaped stickers (I think they were oval) that you would fill in the blanks with.  The ovals would have a word or phrase on it like "school","movie", "candy store", "7 o'clock", "noon", etc.  You'd fill out the entire card then you could send it in the mail it if you wanted to.  They came with oridinary messages and they also came in holiday themes like Christmas and Valentines.  I'd been thinking about these this month because it was one of these items I received on Valentines Day from a secret admirer many years ago.

But if anybody knows the name of this item be greatful if you could supply the name.  

Again what a great forum, I know I'm going to spend a lot of time here looking through things.

Thanks in advance.  :)    

Check for new replies or respond here...