inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/10/10 at 9:45 pm

This was on when I was about 5 or 6 years old and although I really don't remember the show much I do remember that it seemed to be quite controversial at the time.

What was the deal?

Subject: Re: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

Written By: Frank on 05/11/10 at 5:27 pm

This was on when I was about 5 or 6 years old and although I really don't remember the show much I do remember that it seemed to be quite controversial at the time.

What was the deal?

I was a teen at the time, didn't watch the show, but they talked about some topics a little more open than we there was at the time (sexual topics, I think)

Written By: karen on 05/11/10 at 8:07 pm

a quick search on imdb reveals it was supposed to be a spoof of a soap opera.  So any 'issue' it dealt with would be done in a very over the top manner.  Plus every kind of dramatic situation happened to the main characters.

Written By: Butterball on 05/23/10 at 9:45 pm

Rent or buy it on DVD...I thought it was a good series.

Written By: markus017 on 06/10/10 at 8:03 pm

mary Hartman...that was a crazy show I was young @ the time I used to watch it with my grandmother..I remember there was always some chaos going on...she had a breakdown where she just repeated her name over & over...I guess its kind of rediculas by todays standards...

Written By: slacker on 06/11/10 at 11:26 pm

Mary Hartman was OK, but...

SOAP was much better

Check for new replies or respond here...