inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Love American Style

Written By: slacker on 06/11/10 at 11:30 pm

Who remembers Love American Style
very funny, I think it was only 1/2 an hour.

http://www.millsfilms.com/images/Love_American_Style.jpg

Subject: Re: Love American Style

Written By: Frank on 06/12/10 at 1:04 am

I watched that show (not every week) on ABC, the theme song is one of my favorites. It's out on DVD now and I have been meaning to buy it someday.

A few skits per show, quite enjoyable. Good show.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/12/10 at 8:44 am

I used to love the theme song!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/12/10 at 12:54 pm

I watched it a lot.  Hip and edgy and lots of fun to watch.  Good call!    8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/10 at 1:20 pm

What I will always remember about Love American Style were all the little skits in between the stories and one actor: Stuart Margolin. I know, most people will say, "Who?" until they see his photo:

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes510/SOB173.jpeg

Every time I saw him afterward, I always thought, "Oh, that is the guy from L.A.S." A few years back, I had the chance of meeting him but didn't. My cousin & his wife are his lawyers. When they got married about 10 years ago or so, he was invited to the wedding-but we didn't go. (It was out in L.A. and it wasn't feasible for us to go-so we missed it. But they missed our wedding, too for the same reasons.)

FYI, My cousin & his wife are also Vanna White's lawyers. If you ever watch Wheel of Fortune where she talks about her lawyers, she is talking about my cousin. She was going to be invited to their wedding but wasn't because they didn't want Vanna to "upstage" the bride.  ::)

Cat

Written By: slacker on 06/14/10 at 4:11 pm

What I will always remember about Love American Style were all the little skits in between the stories and one actor: Stuart Margolin. I know, most people will say, "Who?" until they see his photo:

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes510/SOB173.jpeg

That's cool

Every time I see him, I think Angel from The Rockford Files
(my favorite 70's detective show)

Written By: Frank on 06/14/10 at 4:22 pm

Every time I see him, I think Angel from The Rockford Files
(my favorite 70's detective show)

I think of Angel as well.

Written By: Danny on 06/17/10 at 11:20 pm

Who remembers Love American Style
very funny, I think it was only 1/2 an hour.

http://www.millsfilms.com/images/Love_American_Style.jpg
                                                                                                                                                                    I haven't heard that show mentioned in ions! I remember it as a kid! The old reruns were shown again in the late 70's for a few years. Yes they were in 1/2 hr series,with silly but holarious short spoofs inbetween- right before it started,or going or caming back from commercial and after end of story. They had a pretty good assortment of guest stars old and new some now deceased, I remember like a then still young Bob Denver(Gilligan),or Irene Raynes(Granny from Beverly Hillbillies)what may have been one of her last tv appearances, wearing blouse/slacks/pumps,and grey hair up in a bouffant! Almost couldn't recognize her.  Yea that show had crazy stories but it really was clean comedy.  Danny

Written By: Steven Prange on 07/11/10 at 4:46 pm

Man, I would have done ANYTHING to meet Stuart Margolin. Those between the stories vignettes with him were GREAT. Another actor that I liked from there was Warren Berlinger. Look him up and you'll recognize him as well as Stuart. My two favorite lines by him were "My heart's been broken so many times it beats with a limp." and "I've got so many 'sisters' I could start a sorority."

Steve

Check for new replies or respond here...