inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chuck Mangione

Written By: joeman on 08/29/10 at 9:48 pm

Anyone big fan of his work?  I found out about him watching King of the Hill and ever since I was hooked on his music. 

Subject: Re: Chuck Mangione

Written By: Frank on 08/29/10 at 11:42 pm

I just remember his big song from 1978ish, Feels so good, which was terribly overkilled on the radio.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/10 at 11:14 am

Love his work. I LOVE Children of Sanchez.

Can't find the full version on YouTube (was on but was took off due to copyright laws). The full version is over 9 minutes long. Here is a partial version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18OVu8yhCs0

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/30/10 at 3:23 pm

Anyone big fan of his work?  I found out about him watching King of the Hill and ever since I was hooked on his music. 

I remember when that song was popular.  I was just a little kid.  It might be the last smash hit with a fugelhorn as the lead instruments.  Unlike many other "one-hit wonders," Mangione doesn't resent the song.  He says he loves hearing it in the supermarket because it put his kids through college!
:)

Written By: yelimsexa on 09/02/10 at 7:49 am

In high school for marching band, we had to play Land Of Make Believe. And there was even a Broadway musical, Blast about him that I saw (briefly ran in the early 2000s). But I often call him the '70s version of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/16/10 at 10:52 pm

I only heard "Feel so Good" and that was a good song anyhow....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/10 at 1:15 am

My opinion on "Feels So Good" haven't changed much since I was 8.  It's a nice tune.
:)

Written By: whistledog on 10/19/10 at 11:06 pm

I best liked 'Give it All You Got', the 1980 Olympics theme

Check for new replies or respond here...