inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Phantom of The Paradise

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/29/10 at 9:39 pm

Has anyone here heard of Phantom of The Paradise?  It's one of my favorite films, and musicals from the 70's.

Subject: Re: The Phantom of The Paradise

Written By: gibbo on 10/30/10 at 12:10 am

Interesting question...Strangely, I saw it at the drive in movies in 1975 as a double header (with The Rocky Horror Picture Show). While I thought TRHPS was the better film (and I really got into the soundtrack)....I really enjoyed The Phantom of the Paradise (with Paul Williams I recall). Two unique films (at that time)...and a great night at the movies.

I have rarely heard The Phantom film mentioned since that night.... :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/30/10 at 2:18 am

Interesting question...Strangely, I saw it at the drive in movies in 1975 as a double header (with The Rocky Horror Picture Show). While I thought TRHPS was the better film (and I really got into the soundtrack)....I really enjoyed The Phantom of the Paradise (with Paul Williams I recall). Two unique films (at that time)...and a great night at the movies.

I have rarely heard The Phantom film mentioned since that night.... :-\\
I saw it in a double billing with The Rocky Horror Picture Show, later on in the 70's, but my memory of the film has combined with the two.

Written By: Zigman Bird on 11/01/10 at 6:02 pm

I bought this DVD at a flea market for about 1 or 2 dollars. I thought this was one of the worst movies that I ever paid 1 or 2 dollars for...

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/03/10 at 8:50 am

I've seen it, don't remember too much about it.  Jessica Harper was in it, she later starred in Shock Treatment, the sequel to Rocky Horror.

Written By: Bobby on 11/05/10 at 4:49 pm

I have seen 'The Phantom of the Paradise' before but it was too much for me. I think I had a headache by the time the credits rolled.

Check for new replies or respond here...