inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The International Festival of Animation

Written By: Butterball on 12/19/10 at 10:15 pm

If any one remembers this program that aired on PBS around 1977 or so and was hosted by Jean Marsh...I'm looking for a cartoon that was about cars and transportation. The main character in the story was a little fragile man that was getting picked on and run over by everyone, even old ladies...I can't remember how, but in the end he turns the tables on everyone and he becomes the speed demon in his car and gets revenge on every one that picked on him...he even get's out of his car and whips an old lady.

Subject: Re: The International Festival of Animation

Written By: mike on 01/10/11 at 11:27 pm

I REMEBER THAT SHOW..IT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITES..I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT LIKED IT..IT WOULD SHOW CARTOON AND ANIMATION SHORTS..IT HAD A ANIMATED WORLD SPINNING IN THE OPENING CREDITS..THE CARTOON YOUR TALKING ABOUT DONT RING A BELL..SORRY

Written By: Butterball on 01/14/11 at 10:33 pm

I have the actual audio from the opening theme on a cassette...also some audio from one of the cartoons from the show.
PS...Using all caps on an internet forum is considered shouting.

Written By: mike on 01/15/11 at 1:40 am

sorry Butterball...i'll lower my voice

Written By: Butterball on 01/15/11 at 11:35 am

sorry Butterball...i'll lower my voice

Lol...Thanks.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/15/11 at 7:35 pm

So, any progress finding this?

I've got a soft spot for cartoons about road rage, and I'd swear I've seen this one too, but I can't place it either.  All I know is that it's not the oldie-but-goodie from that company with the big mouse ears.  

Written By: Butterball on 01/15/11 at 11:38 pm

Nothing yet. One other thing I remember from this cartoon is...the little old man just barely scratches this old ladies car and she gets out of her car with a magnifying glass in order to find the scratch and goes ballistic on the guy.

Written By: Mlkey72 on 09/20/12 at 11:49 am

I probably wont get a responce since these posts have been here for over a year. I have been haunted by this series for over 30+ years. I love love loved the short about the butterfly collector getting caught by the giant butterfly at the end. I so wish this could be found online or released on DVD. Since there were like, 3 seasons of this show.

Written By: Butterball on 09/22/12 at 1:24 am

I probably wont get a responce since these posts have been here for over a year. I have been haunted by this series for over 30+ years. I love love loved the short about the butterfly collector getting caught by the giant butterfly at the end. I so wish this could be found online or released on DVD. Since there were like, 3 seasons of this show.

Here are a couple of animated shorts that appeared on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Dqfh-dE5g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht6lRb8y_AQ

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/24/12 at 1:08 am

Nothing yet. One other thing I remember from this cartoon is...the little old man just barely scratches this old ladies car and she gets out of her car with a magnifying glass in order to find the scratch and goes ballistic on the guy.

Sounds like something my mom would do!
:o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/12 at 2:06 am

The animated version of  Leo Lionni's children's story "Swimmy" (1973).  Wonderful psychedelic cartoon with trippy electronic music.
:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442ie2qFANQ

Check for new replies or respond here...