inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: need help on tv show

Written By: mike on 01/01/11 at 11:01 pm

does anybody know where i can get a vhs or dvd with THE COURTSHIP OF EDDIES FATHER tv series starring BILL BIXBY and BRANDON CRUZ?

Subject: Re: need help on tv show

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/11 at 12:38 am

does anybody know where i can get a vhs or dvd with THE COURTSHIP OF EDDIES FATHER tv series starring BILL BIXBY and BRANDON CRUZ?

It's not avail on DVD anything you find will be bootleg. Check out google groups (or aol) key word tv show traders or something like that and you'll find collectors who trade such items.

Written By: mike on 01/02/11 at 4:04 pm

ok thanks for your help

Written By: whistledog on 01/02/11 at 4:19 pm

In the opening scene of 'The Incredible Hulk' starring Edward Norton, he is watching an episode of it, so it is out there in some form, but I concur with Snoz that it is not on DVD, atleast not on any official or legal means, atleast not as far as I am aware.

Written By: CeeKay on 01/02/11 at 7:20 pm

Boy, that show sure takes me back...makes me feel a bit sentimental.  Please let us know if you find it! 

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/11 at 12:27 am

In the opening scene of 'The Incredible Hulk' starring Edward Norton, he is watching an episode of it, so it is out there in some form, but I concur with Snoz that it is not on DVD, atleast not on any official or legal means, atleast not as far as I am aware.

well the clip showed most likely came directly from the studio.  I wish they would release it...or at least air it again on Nick at Nick like they did back in the 90s

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/11 at 10:52 am

I have mentioned this a hundred times already (and now I'm going to mention it 101 times) but Bill Bixby was my heartthrob. Girls would go gaga over David Cassidy & Bobby Sherman, I went gaga over Bill Bixby.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/03/11 at 10:56 am

I have mentioned this a hundred times already (and now I'm going to mention it 101 times) but Bill Bixby was my heartthrob. Girls would go gaga over David Cassidy & Bobby Sherman, I went gaga over Bill Bixby.

Cat
...but do you have a copy of this tv show?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/11 at 11:01 am

...but do you have a copy of this tv show?

No unfortunately I don't. (Yeah, I know I'm going off topic so sue me.) I think somewhere buried in my old cassette tapes, I have a recording of him when he hosted a show called "Once Upon A Classic" on PBS. I used to just listen to his voice because I thought he had a great voice. You have to realize that I was 12 when I made those recordings.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/11 at 7:30 pm

I probably way deep down under a stack of a few hundred unmarked VHS tapes have an ep or two taped of nick at nite but I neither have the time, enegery or desire to start watching all those videos.

I recorded obsessively in the 90s I used to be great about labeling stuff. Not having the foresight that DVDs would come and better still season box sets would follow I recorded
Almost everything I watched. I know have two Donna reed filled VHS (I need to watch those because if all the eps are DVD now I can let that go. And it's easily found.

The fun part (oddly) are watching the old commercials  :D

Oh Cat. Just because I know you'd get it. I have about 40 VHS tapes filled with GH eps circa 1995. They used to be in order but one day I tripped and knocked the stack over so now they aren't  :-\\  but I don't care one day I will have sit down to watch.  8)

Written By: mike on 01/04/11 at 2:57 am

you wont look thru those tapes for ??? dollars?

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/11 at 3:19 am

you wont look thru those tapes for ??? dollars?

not enough money in the world....

thing is I'm not certain I have any eps. there's only a possibility I have some.  I work 50 hrs a week and watch too much TV as it is... I just don't have time right now to do anything with my tapes... that's a project for after I retire. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/11 at 10:30 am

Oh Cat. Just because I know you'd get it. I have about 40 VHS tapes filled with GH eps circa 1995. They used to be in order but one day I tripped and knocked the stack over so now they aren't  :-\\  but I don't care one day I will have sit down to watch.  8)

I have a few eps of GH, OLTL, & PC on VHS somewhere.

Cat

Written By: lynn on 01/08/11 at 9:26 am

hi, try ioffer.com  i have gotten alot of stuff from there that is not released on dvd  i just got logans run thetv series from there  great stuff that is hard to find  good luck!!

Written By: snozberries on 01/08/11 at 7:38 pm

hi, try ioffer.com  i have gotten alot of stuff from there that is not released on dvd  i just got logans run thetv series from there  great stuff that is hard to find  good luck!!

those sites that offer to sell full series tv dvds are not reputable. often times the quality is crap. It's also illegal. I'd stay away from them if I were unless you're really that desperate... 

Written By: Claybricks on 02/06/11 at 12:50 pm

Courtship of Eddie's Father on DVD

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/vic/

Dan

Check for new replies or respond here...