inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need your help identifying a song!

Written By: fiddy1fiddy on 01/08/11 at 11:27 pm

So the only part I remember from the song are the lyrics that say "Silver bird flying across the sky, soon I'll be home warm and dry." And even that may not be all that accurate :-\\ Hopefully someone will recognize the tune which came out around '74 or '75 (I think). I just remember hearing it on my transistor AM radio a few times and never knew who sang it. There is a slow heavy bass groove thoughout the song. Any help would greatly be appreciated :D

Subject: Re: Need your help identifying a song!

Written By: Claybricks on 01/09/11 at 8:16 am

So the only part I remember from the song are the lyrics that say "Silver bird flying across the sky, soon I'll be home warm and dry." And even that may not be all that accurate :-\\ Hopefully someone will recognize the tune which came out around '74 or '75 (I think). I just remember hearing it on my transistor AM radio a few times and never knew who sang it. There is a slow heavy bass groove thoughout the song. Any help would greatly be appreciated :D

Gerry Rafferty - Home And Dry {1978}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_F47TRI7pU

Note: Gerry Rafferty died on January 4th 2011

Dan

Written By: fiddy1fiddy on 01/09/11 at 3:33 pm

WoW! Thanks so much! I love Baker Street too and had no idea it was Gerry that sang this song. Haven't heard it for 32 years and it sounds better now to me than it did back then! RIP :\'(

Written By: Claybricks on 01/11/11 at 5:16 am

WoW! Thanks so much! I love Baker Street too and had no idea it was Gerry that sang this song. Haven't heard it for 32 years and it sounds better now to me than it did back then! RIP :\'(

You're very welcome!

Dan

Check for new replies or respond here...