inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1970's television series "Rollin' On The River" with Kenny Rogers and The First

Written By: Jack on 01/09/11 at 10:59 am

I'm an independent producer struggling to gain the “Baby Boomers” marketplace attention in support of restoration and digital remastering of the 1970's television series "Rollin' On The River" with Kenny Rogers and The First Edition.

There is a "Rememberthe70s blog on Eons, and a "REMEMBER the '70s Greatest Hits Live, the DVD" web site at: <http://www.rememberthe70s.com/>, however, they don't seem to be generating the kind of interest in the DVD required to support future restoration and digital remastering efforts.

Sony and Shout! Factory (Shout! was previously known as Rhino Records) are the marketing and distribution groups for the "Remember" DVD, however, they are reluctant to spend the dollars required for national marketing.   For that reason, I'm doing the marketing on my own, in somewhat of an ad hoc and unorthodox manner.

The “Remember the '70s Greatest Hits LIVE” DVD is the first 14 restored performances of what we hope will be an ongoing process for all 400 performances in the Rollin' television series.

Not being very techie, I was very impressed to learn that we could restore and preserve this historic 1970's classic television series by transferring the old 4 inch tape, called quad format to digital format and improve the picture and sound.

If you enjoy the Rock n' Roll and R&B music of the '60s and '70s, you will enjoy the "Remember" DVD.

Just FYI - the following is a little about my life over the last 60 years.

In September of 1946, I made my debut in life at St. John's Hospital in Joplin, MO.

My family lived on Byers St. at 416 and then 831 (at 9th and Byers) until we moved to Los Angeles, CA.

After serving in the US Navy during the 60s & 70s I became involved with entertainment production development in Hollywood.

In the 1990s I acquired several 1970s classic television series in a stock swap. One of these TV series is "Rollin' On The River" with Kenny Rogers and The First Edition.

My company, Walters & Associates Productions, Ltd., Longoria Institute division has been restoring and digitally remastering the series and you can see the first of what we hope will be many, if not the entire series of restored performances from this classic 1970s Rock n' Roll music on the "Remember" DVD. We hope you will find the "Remember the '70s Greatest Hits LIVE" DVD interesting enough to include in your video library collection.

This rare historic footage of classic 1970s musical performances should be part of the DVD collection in every college, university and personal video library!

The "Remember the '70s Greatest Hits LIVE" DVD is hosted by Kenny Rogers and The First Edition Drummer "Mickey Jones".

From 1971 to 1973, Rollin’ (as the show was renamed) was a showcase for the hottest musical talent of the time. The best performances from the show are collected for the first time on this disc. Hosted by drummer Mickey Jones (Kenny Rogers and the First Edition), this DVD is a loving tribute to a time when popular music had the ability to cross genres and touch us all. These 14 beautifully restored selections from the Rollin’ archives still cast a powerful spell.

Program Listing
1. Kenny Rogers and the First Edition - Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love To Town
2. Jim Croce - You Don’t Mess Around With Jim
3. Jim Croce - Operator
4. Bill Withers - Lean On Me
5. Al Green - Let’s Stay Together
6. Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
7. B. B. King - The Thrill Is Gone
8. Ike and Tina Turner - Proud Mary
9. Ike and Tina Turner - Get Back
10. Billy Preston - Outa-Space
11. Kenny Rogers and the First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
12. The Raiders - Indian Reservation
13. Grass Roots - Two Divided By Love
14. Malo - Suavecito

Best regards,
Jack Walters
LongoriaInst@aol.com
http://www.rememberthe70s.com/
Any assistance in "getting the word out" about this classic DVD of memorable '60s & '70s restored music is much appreciated!

Check for new replies or respond here...