inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What years was Monty Python on the air?

Written By: youngerderek on 04/15/11 at 1:50 pm

i know it was around the 70s, but what exact years?

Subject: Re: What years was Monty Python on the air?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/11 at 2:28 pm

1969–1974

Written By: youngerderek on 04/15/11 at 2:47 pm

1969–1974

oh wow so not very long. though i think they made their last movie in like 1983, right? so really its era was 1969-83

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/11 at 3:01 pm

oh wow so not very long. though i think they made their last movie in like 1983, right? so really its era was 1969-83
On air as television it was 1974, and the movies came there after.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/11 at 11:59 pm

I highly recommend picking up the DVDs of MPFC, or just renting them from Netflix.  MP wrote some of the best comedy sketches EVER!  One caveat, if you do not understand British culture before the 1980s, you'll have a hard time getting some of the jokes.

Pot helps.

I don't like to endorse illicit drug use.
BUT...I don't like to lie either!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/pyth.gif

For instance, if you don't understand why David Thomas (Graham Chapman) doesn't just tell the interviewer (John Cleese) to f**k off and walk out after the first minute, the sketch will still be funny, but you won't grasp the deeper comment on British character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP0sqRMzkwo

Written By: karen on 04/22/11 at 2:56 am

i know it was around the 70s, but what exact years?

this website might help

Written By: karen on 04/22/11 at 2:58 am

I highly recommend picking up the DVDs of MPFC, or just renting them from Netflix.  MP wrote some of the best comedy sketches EVER!  One caveat, if you do not understand British culture before the 1980s, you'll have a hard time getting some of the jokes.

I agree that some of the sketches are fantastic.  But I also think there is a lot of dross amongst the gems.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/11 at 3:20 am

I agree that some of the sketches are fantastic.  But I also think there is a lot of dross amongst the gems.
The same here, I find that now I laugh more at remember the MPFC sketches than watching them.

Check for new replies or respond here...