inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 70s teen idols

Written By: FifiLeFume on 04/18/11 at 3:48 pm

Is it me or 70s teen idols like David and Shaun Cassidy were more talented that our teen idols today like Justin Bieber?

Subject: Re: 70s teen idols

Written By: gibbo on 04/18/11 at 7:19 pm

Is it me or 70s teen idols like David and Shaun Cassidy were more talented that our teen idols today like Justin Bieber?

I'm not sure if that is the case. I went with my daughter to see The Bieb's movie... and if it's accurate...he plays guitar, piano and drums proficiently (and sings well). He also has reasonable stage craft for someone of his years. That amounts to some talent in my book...

Still don't like his brand of music ... but he HAS some talent.

Written By: ninny on 04/19/11 at 11:13 am

I can't really say that David and Shaun Cassidy has more talent than Justin Bieber, Justin music may not be what I like, but millions of people do. I'm sure growing up my parents didn't think much of the Cassidy brothers either.(I think my mom thought David was cute lol)
I'm really more interested in where Biebers path will take him 5-10 yrs down the road.Will he stay on the straight and narrow, or down the path of destruction and drugs that befell lots of teen idols before him.

Written By: michaell88 on 05/09/11 at 1:06 pm

Well, Shaun has a better taste for cars:
http://www.mainstreetmallonline.com/fanstuff/members/buhhoe/listings/062510MSMO259.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/09/11 at 9:15 pm

Leif Garrett had his fifteen minutes of fame!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy8k19gAy7s

My sister had the 45.  Used to play it over and over.  I thought the lyrics went:
"Hey Mister Nixon with a smile on her face."
I dunno, I was seven or something.
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...