inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Vision On

Written By: gumbypiz on 01/19/12 at 11:29 pm

Does anyone remember the BBC show Vision On? I was a big fan in the late ‘70’s and just stumbled over one of the classic theme songs from the show on You Tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_xVnh8Z_NE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhVz8BGOoVU

Most odd was the “Vision On” script that paired with the mirror image of itself made a creepy grasshopper/bug that freaked me out at each show opening.

The Vison On Theme by ( Accroche-ti Caroline! ) Claude Vasori / Caravelli is legendary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0P9-gskYpk

The show had lots of strange visuals and included its own visual gallery art work submitted by children. Theme music that stuck in my head here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcCHRW8G9yY

Its odd that I completely forgot about this show until now, more odd is that Wikipedia-Vison On gives info that the show was designed for deaf children, something I would of never guessed and never noticed watching the show.

Subject: Re: Vision On

Written By: gumbypiz on 01/23/12 at 10:40 pm

Really?

Seriously people, I KNOW there are both Brits and others that saw this show, or at least remember the music.

I can't believe that no one on this board has not heard of either....

Click the YouTube vids and I'm sure you'll remember the music if nothing else...

Written By: karen on 01/24/12 at 8:47 am

Really?

Seriously people, I KNOW there are both Brits and others that saw this show, or at least remember the music.

I can't believe that no one on this board has not heard of either....

Click the YouTube vids and I'm sure you'll remember the music if nothing else...

I can't recall the theme tune (will check the vids in a moment) but often get the art gallery music in my head.  I'm sure the Beeb still use this on one of the kids art shows.

The only other thing I can really remember is that they had a snake thing that used to shot about the studio - I found that a bit scary!

Written By: karen on 01/24/12 at 8:53 am

I didn't remember the first bit of music playing in the first theme tune vid - with the dinosaur. Though I did recognise the dinosaur.

Tony Hart was a bit of a legend.  I remember hime more from Take Hart and of course the Morph 'cartoons'

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/25/12 at 8:53 pm

I can't recall the theme tune (will check the vids in a moment) but often get the art gallery music in my head.  I'm sure the Beeb still use this on one of the kids art shows.

I've been wondering who did that theme (and now I know it's The Noveltones, and the song was Left Bank Two) to the art-gallery segment of the show for at least 30 years.

Al Hirt's 1964 recording of Java, aka the closing credits to Vision On.

N5iZk_ALlcU

...and a guy at a convenience store who should seriously consider switching from ethanol to caffeine.

For a show that was ostensibly targeted at deaf kids, they had amazing taste in music.  The musical portion of the show was essentially a jazz primer... even though I was too young to understand just why I enjoyed the music so much.

Written By: Paul on 01/27/12 at 9:12 am

Remember it well...yes, it was primarily aimed at a deaf audience, but such was its appeal it transcended effortlessly into the hearing kids' enjoyment...

Wilf Lunn's contraptions (and his fantastic moustache) were the stuff of legend...

Tony Hart was a bit of a legend.

Ahem! He was much more than a 'bit of a legend'...he was like a demigod (and a sweet guy to boot - so sadly missed...)

Check for new replies or respond here...