inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Vintage Commercials

Written By: doogirl71 on 02/14/12 at 11:56 pm

I am trying to locate what I believe was a wheat bread commercial.  It featured two little sisters of which the oldest is telling the younger a bedtime story  including the phrases "And they locked them up with the monster and made them eat Wheat bread"...(littlest one says, "Ohhhh NOOO").  commercial continues and at/near the end the oldest one says, "And they liked it so much, they stayed with the monster and lived happily ever after."  (littlest one while clapping says, "OH GOOOOD!")  Does anyone remember these dark haired little girls and/or what this commercial was for?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Subject: Re: Vintage Commercials

Written By: danootaandme on 02/14/12 at 11:57 pm

I am trying to locate what I believe was a wheat bread commercial.  It featured two little sisters of which the oldest is telling the younger a bedtime story  including the phrases "And they locked them up with the monster and made them eat Wheat bread"...(littlest one says, "Ohhhh NOOO").  commercial continues and at/near the end the oldest one says, "And they liked it so much, they stayed with the monster and lived happily ever after."  (littlest one while clapping says, "OH GOOOOD!")  Does anyone remember these dark haired little girls and/or what this commercial was for?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds cute! But I don't remember it at all.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/15/12 at 10:02 pm

This isn't it, but it's close.  It reflects on the "whole wheat" (marketed as 'good for you') vs "white bread" (which was the standard bread type of the 60s/70s, and what kids were used to) battles of the 80s.

"Daddy, can we feed the duck?"

raT3nd8yYBg

"Some whole grain breads are just too heavy. Try Country Hearth breads. Whole-grain taste that's hearty, not heavy."

Does the voice in this commercial sound familiar?  The time period is right, and it's certainly irreverent enough :)

Written By: shirk on 05/19/12 at 5:43 pm

I too would love to find this commercial, but none of my searches ever turn up anything. I definitely remember it, though, even though I probably only saw it two times. The crestfallen horror with which the younger one said, "Ohhh NOOO," cracked me up and really stuck with me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/19/12 at 10:03 pm

It was for Wonder Wheat Bread. I looked everywhere for the commercial, but couldn't find it.

Check for new replies or respond here...