inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When were long sideburns out by?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 03/16/12 at 1:11 pm

For those who remember, around what year--even if it extends into the 80s--do you remember long sideburns (as in, at or past mid ear length) finally dying out as a POPULAR trend--A mainstream trend?

Also, when did you first see what would become known as "Disco clothes"--Butterfly collar shirts, bellbottoms, etc--Appearing, and around what year did they become unfashionable?

Subject: Re: When were long sideburns out by?

Written By: sargentphilco on 03/16/12 at 1:54 pm

For those who remember, around what year--even if it extends into the 80s--do you remember long sideburns (as in, at or past mid ear length) finally dying out as a POPULAR trend--A mainstream trend?

Also, when did you first see what would become known as "Disco clothes"--Butterfly collar shirts, bellbottoms, etc--Appearing, and around what year did they become unfashionable?
If I remember correctly the side burns started to go away by the late 70s and by the early 80s were gone. As far as the disco clothes, they were gone also by the early 80s. The reason I know this is I got married the first time in 1981 and my wife took all my disco clothes and boxed them up and told me nobody wore them any more. I never had the long side burns; couldnt grow em.

Subject: Re: When were long sideburns out by?

Written By: Howard on 03/25/15 at 2:09 pm

I'm going to say around 1980.

Check for new replies or respond here...