inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Disco queen quiz.

Written By: warped on 08/23/12 at 8:04 am

Quiz about Disco queen's.

http://www.shegoddess.com/q/discoqueens/audioquiz.aspx

I got 92% here. Surprised I did better here than the 80s quiz.

Subject: Re: Disco queen quiz.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/23/12 at 12:17 pm

64%. I'm FUNKY!

Cat

Written By: Henk on 08/23/12 at 12:54 pm

89%. 8) Not bad, considering (Push Push) In The Bush never was a hit over here!

Written By: warped on 08/23/12 at 1:04 pm

89%. 8) Not bad, considering (Push Push) In The Bush never was a hit over here!

Hah! That's the one I got wrong! It was a hit here, but cannot remember the lyrics.

Written By: Henk on 08/23/12 at 1:11 pm

Hah! That's the one I got wrong! It was a hit here, but cannot remember the lyrics.

I think I guessed right, but there were a few others that I didn't get.

FYI: Chucky has an entire site loaded with quizzes. ;) I keep forgetting about it...

Written By: gibbo on 08/23/12 at 8:19 pm

79% for me. I had no idea on 3 of them!

Written By: loki 13 on 08/23/12 at 8:49 pm

I scored a 49, yay me.  ;D

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/23/12 at 9:57 pm

92%, kinda embarrassed :-[, should know this stuff to get 100%.

I used to frequent the Disco Night party every Wednesday back in the early 90's... ::)

Written By: gibbo on 08/23/12 at 11:43 pm

Hah ... I didn't expect you to score that high on this one!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/12 at 6:44 am

Loki That's pathetic.  ;D

Written By: Starde on 08/24/12 at 1:19 pm

Yeah, 100%! 8) I guess I got to thank my mom for surrounding me with so much disco music when I was a kid.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/24/12 at 2:37 pm

91%

Written By: loki 13 on 08/24/12 at 3:38 pm

Hah ... I didn't expect you to score that high on this one!  ;D

The only one I knew for sure was Yvonne Elliman's If I Can't Have You. My girlfriend at the time loved that song
and used to play it all the time. The rest were, when in doubt guess c. I did a lot better guessing the Christmas
songs.

Loki That's pathetic.  ;D

For me it's not. Even I'm surprised I scored that high, Disco was never my thing.

Written By: warped on 08/24/12 at 3:49 pm

For me it's not. Even I'm surprised I scored that high, Disco was never my thing.

Me neither. My high school friends would tease me forever if they found out I only got 1 wrong.  They'd get at least half wrong on principle only!

Written By: basscatfrank on 08/24/12 at 4:39 pm

100% and I'm proud of it.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/24/12 at 6:53 pm

Me neither. My high school friends would tease me forever if they found out I only got 1 wrong.  They'd get at least half wrong on principle only!

I think we went to high school in the same years 76' to 80', a great time for music. My high school was not divided by gangs
but by disco or disco sucks groups, the town I grew up in was definitly in the disco sucks group. It was almost different for
me, the first album I ever bought with my own money was The Ohio Players. My brother told me that music will get beat up
in our town and from that day on funk and disco was taboo. I still have the Ohio Players album, I kept it in the secret closet
album collection that friends never see. Barry Manilow and Vicki Lawrence is in that collection but no disco albums ever made it.

Written By: warped on 08/24/12 at 7:45 pm

I think we went to high school in the same years 76' to 80', a great time for music.

Yup.

My high school was not divided by gangs but by disco or disco sucks groups.

Same here. You had to like The Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Yes, Floyd, Genesis, ELP, Boston, Supertramp, Styx, Rush, Max Webster, Alan Parsons, Alice Cooper, etc...  It was a 'major fail' if you admitted you liked "Bee Gees" or "Village people" or "Donna Summer", "KC And the sunshine band". 
I actually like the Bee Gees...

Must have been the time period, whether you lived in America or Canada.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/12 at 6:40 am

I grew up in the 80's but I always listened to disco when it was played on the radio.

Written By: whistledog on 08/25/12 at 4:21 pm

87%
I know I only got the lyric ones wrong

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/12 at 4:38 pm

I think we went to high school in the same years 76' to 80', a great time for music. My high school was not divided by gangs
but by disco or disco sucks groups, the town I grew up in was definitly in the disco sucks group. It was almost different for
me, the first album I ever bought with my own money was The Ohio Players. My brother told me that music will get beat up
in our town and from that day on funk and disco was taboo. I still have the Ohio Players album, I kept it in the secret closet
album collection that friends never see. Barry Manilow and Vicki Lawrence is in that collection but no disco albums ever made it.

Yup.
Same here. You had to like The Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Yes, Floyd, Genesis, ELP, Boston, Supertramp, Styx, Rush, Max Webster, Alan Parsons, Alice Cooper, etc...  It was a 'major fail' if you admitted you liked "Bee Gees" or "Village people" or "Donna Summer", "KC And the sunshine band". 
I actually like the Bee Gees...

Must have been the time period, whether you lived in America or Canada.

Oh man, talk about a flash from the past. I remember one day being surprised that a friend of mine actually admitting to liking disco. Whether you like it or not, you didn't ADMIT it.

Cat

Written By: warped on 08/25/12 at 4:42 pm

Oh man, talk about a flash from the past. I remember one day being surprised that a friend of mine actually admitting to liking disco. Whether you like it or not, you didn't ADMIT it.

Cat

Yes. You are one of us.  Similar age group.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/25/12 at 5:58 pm

I used to lovvvve disco, and would dance it as much as a 10-year-old could at school dances.  lol

I got 85%.  I'm groovalicious.

Written By: whistledog on 08/25/12 at 6:20 pm

I was born just in time for the end of disco, but alot of the songs I grew up hearing in the 80s were left-over gems from the 70s.

I Love disco!

Written By: Butterball on 10/04/12 at 12:37 am

I'm Groovalicious! 100 points, yeah!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...