inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Men's fashion of the '70s?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 10/19/12 at 10:12 pm

What are items of men's fashion you recall from the 1970s, either that were big and still worn or that are not worn today?

I notice a lot of the patterns of plaid/flannel shirts were nicer in the 1970s than today's. More workman-like in appearance. Also, the Ricky Jackets (basically a wide collared sort of windbreaker) which were around then (albeit more of a 50s thing) were cool.

I think it's interesting that plaid shorts seem to be fashionable again. When I was a kid, in the 90s and 00s, all I remember were jean shorts and cargo shorts. In the last few years, guys have been wearing plaid shorts, particularly grey ones, in the summer---I only saw gray plaid shorts on men in the '70s photos of my grandfather. Same exact thing with white V Neck undershirts/t-shirts.

Subject: Re: Men's fashion of the '70s?

Written By: Howard on 10/20/12 at 6:26 am

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--OivbEhSzrs/TeGEjTHeRMI/AAAAAAAAALU/AiMnyahTW-0/s1600/mens-fashion-70s.jpg

Subject: Re: Men's fashion of the '70s?

Written By: belmont22 on 11/06/12 at 9:01 am

Everyone seemed to either look like John Travolta or Mark Hamill.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...