inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Name Of Show That Took Place At A Toy Store: 1970s - 1980s..?!

Written By: mlauzon on 04/14/13 at 5:11 pm

This was a children's TV show that was on in the late '70s to around the early to mid '80s, it took place at a toy store -- and before you all chime in with Noddy, it was not Noddy, "Today's Special" or "The Secret Life of Toys" for that matter -- the store was owned by an older man, and sometimes kids would come by and the toys would come to life, they'd move around, etc. For exmaple, there was a tricycle that would move around by itself, if anything that one thing on the show freaked me out as a kid. It's been bugging me for years that I can't remember the name of this show, but yet I had no problem remembering the name of shows like "Read All About It!" and "Readalong", but this show escapes me!

Subject: Re: Name Of Show That Took Place At A Toy Store: 1970s - 1980s..?!

Written By: karen on 04/23/13 at 5:51 pm

Never heard of the other two shows you mention so I did a bit of googling about.  They both appear to be canadian shows.  This website has details of various canadian shows of the 70s

http://www.rickstv.com/tvo/

Written By: mlauzon on 04/23/13 at 6:00 pm

I found the name of the show, could've sworn I posted it here, guess not.  Anyways, the show I was looking for was called:

Two Plus You.

Written By: warped on 04/23/13 at 6:29 pm

Glad you found it. www.imdb.com says it ran in 1974 on TVO.

Check for new replies or respond here...