inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The single most disturbing horror/ slasher movie of the 1970s...

Written By: The Valley Goth on 07/22/13 at 5:24 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

Which 1970s horror/ slasher movie is, in your opinion, the single most disturbing horror/ slasher movie of the 1970s?

I can't decide between "Carrie" (1976) (I watched the second half of the movie on T.V. during 2002, and I suffered from a breakdown that lasted for about a year or so...I couldn't even bear to watch "Coal Miner's Daughter", I freaked out unusually during a power outage, I cried every day for sooo many days, etc.  Today, I can watch everything up until the famous section of the prom scene...), "Tourist Trap" (1978) (The ending is sooo disturbingly confusing, as is the villain, who sounds like a combination of the voices of Dick Van Dyke and Phil Harris...in some twisted imitation of a Disney movie...it's as though Burt the Chimney Sweep and Baloo decided to go on a killing spree..."Oh, BECKY!"...or whatever name the killer was whispering...), and The Brood (1979) (I really thought that Samantha Eggar was cool in "Doctor Dolittle", but in "The Brood", she's SCARY AS HECK!  Oh, and I'll never, ever think of hooded onesies...OR Mattel's Baby Beans dolls...in the same way...EVER AGAIN!
:o

Check for new replies or respond here...