inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1979 Audience reaction to watching Halloween

Written By: Dude111 on 09/06/13 at 10:18 pm

www.youtube.com/v/3GRSz1XNT-Q

Its sad because it lets you hear HOW MUCH BETTER things were then!! (Movies were actually scary,not this dumbed down garbage,etc)

Subject: Re: 1979 Audience reaction to watching Halloween

Written By: whistledog on 09/06/13 at 11:08 pm

That was cool.  These days, the audiences are not loud like that.  The last horror film I saw in theatres (which was Frailty, back in 2001), there was nothing but silence during the scary parts and the theatre had quite a few people in it

Written By: 80sfan on 09/06/13 at 11:40 pm

I don't think horror movies really became gory until like the 70s or 80s, I'm sure underground movies before were gory, but the mainstream was quite light.

So audiences reactions and facial expressions of horror showed how relatively new it was all then. It's the shock of the new you know? I could be wrong though, because I didn't really live back in the 60s or 70s, 80s, etc, etc.

But Halloween isn't exactly gory, but the concept of the masked killer was new so people weren't jaded yet. And I say 'masked' because in 1960's Peeping Tom, the killer didn't wear one, but killed women anyway.

Written By: snozberries on 09/07/13 at 12:43 am

That's how the audience sounded when I watched the conjouring.  (Which is the scariest movie I've seen in a long time). 

Written By: 80sfan on 09/07/13 at 6:08 am

That's how the audience sounded when I watched the conjouring.  (Which is the scariest movie I've seen in a long time).

Oh my God, I HAVE TO SEE THAT! 8)

Subject: 1979 Audience reaction to watching Halloween

Written By: Dude111 on 12/21/17 at 6:24 pm

I find it hard to believe that ANY MOVIE made after 2000 or so is scary :D

Check for new replies or respond here...