inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wrestling in the 1970s?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 09/14/13 at 4:30 pm

My uncle (age 50) says one of the memories of his pre-teen years (I am talking specifically from 1973 to 1975) was watching Wrestling on Saturday nights with my late grandfather. Am curious--What wrestling shows/matches would've been on in this mid '70s, '73-'75 period, broadcast in NYC? I am asking so maybe I can see exactly what they watched.

Subject: Re: Wrestling in the 1970s?

Written By: Howard on 09/15/13 at 3:05 pm

I remember the wrestling from the 70's but I was born in 1974 so I couldn't tell you what matches that were happening except you had tough guys like Haystacks Calhoun, Bobo Brazil, Ernie Ladd & Sweet Daddy Siki.

Written By: warped on 09/16/13 at 4:19 pm

I am the same age as your uncle, and I watched wrestling during that time period, but from Canada, not NY.

Could you just ask your uncle who the NY popular wrestlers were during that time? then you can look for some of those potential matches (with those wrestlers) on youtube.

Written By: Howard on 09/16/13 at 7:07 pm

Back then the wrestling back then was much better than today's soap opera, you didn't have dumb storylines like you see today in the WWE and the divas were called "women wrestlers".

Check for new replies or respond here...