inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is your favorite '70s music genre?

Written By: yelimsexa on 05/15/14 at 9:11 am

Note that this poll applies to genres which peaked in the '70s along with songs of more long-running genres such as soft rock with regards to the music released in that decade. That said, what is your favorite music genre of the '70s?

Subject: Re: What is your favorite '70s music genre?

Written By: warped on 05/16/14 at 1:53 pm

My favorite music in the 70s is ANYTHING (except disco or funk or soul/R&B or country)

I liked all AM music (except what I listed above) , soft rock, hard rock, pop, prog rock, easy listening, early new wave...

Written By: Katluver on 05/17/14 at 4:32 pm

That was tough, but I selected Philly Soul---there's just something about '70s soul.

Written By: loki 13 on 05/17/14 at 6:44 pm

When I was young I liked funk. I grew to like a lot of music from the many genres, yes, even some disco songs
but in the 70's......As far as I am concerned there is only one genre that belongs on the list. I needn't say which.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 8:13 am

When I was young I liked funk. I grew to like a lot of music from the many genres, yes, even some disco songs
but in the 70's......As far as I am concerned there is only one genre that belongs on the list. I needn't say which.  ;)

I love listening to funk and disco music too even though I was a young kid in that era I still listen to it now because music now is boring and I listen to that music almost all the time.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 8:14 am

That was tough, but I selected Philly Soul---there's just something about '70s soul.

How about The Motown era?

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 8:15 am

Funk
Disco
Philly Soul/Motown
Soft Rock

Check for new replies or respond here...