inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which 70s cop show reminds you most of the Beastie Boys "Sabotage" video?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/10/16 at 3:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

My son Neal wants to see a 70s cop show that is most like this video. I'm a fan of the Rockford Files, but it really doesn't have the same feel.  I'm thinking more along the lines of Starsky and Hutch or maybe Streets of San Francisco?

Subject: Re: Which 70s cop show reminds you most of the Beastie Boys "Sabotage" video?

Written By: whistledog on 01/10/16 at 7:50 pm

The anthology series 'Police Story' was the first thing that came to mind.  You watch it now, and it is noticeably 70s with the older shaped cop cars, sirens and twangy chase music

Subject: Re: Which 70s cop show reminds you most of the Beastie Boys "Sabotage" video?

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/16 at 8:22 pm

I was thinking Starsky & Hutch or Streets of San Francisco as well.

Maybe Baretta or the Rookies or Mod Squad.

Written By: gibbo on 01/11/16 at 6:24 am

I was thinking Starsky & Hutch or Streets of San Francisco as well.

Maybe Baretta or the Rookies or Mod Squad.

I think you nailed it with this selection.

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/16 at 7:52 am

I think you nailed it with this selection.

My status as ultimate tv fan remains intact  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/11/16 at 12:50 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of Barfsky & Clutch Starsky & Hutch.

The others that were mentioned are also good.

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 01/11/16 at 6:58 pm

At first I was thinking Toma, but then it sort of had a Kojak look. With that blue car though, it
is definitely Streets Of San francisco

Check for new replies or respond here...