inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How different were Silent generation parents from greatest generation parents

Written By: d90 on 02/17/16 at 4:40 pm

Were the Greatest generation born parents stricter than the silent generation born parents?

Subject: Re: How different were Silent generation parents from greatest generation parents

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/17/16 at 10:21 pm

Hmmm.  Well, since my mom was a "Silent" and my dad was a "Greatest" (they had an age gap), I'd have to say, I didn't notice anything different in terms of strictness (Mom was stricter than Dad, but that may have been a personality trait).  There were differences between them, in what kind of TV, movies, and music they liked, but that may also have been due to personality.  I didn't see much difference in their overall values - but there was a difference in how they responded to difficulty - which again may have been a personality difference and not a generational difference.

That's about all I can say about that  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...