inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you remember where you were & what you were doing during Watergate

Written By: d90 on 02/17/16 at 11:39 pm

What did you think of Nixon before Watergate and after?

Subject: Re: Do you remember where you were & what you were doing during Watergate

Written By: Butterball on 02/24/16 at 9:11 pm

I was 12 years old during the Watergate hearings. All I remember is that the hearings was the only thing on tv during the day that whole summer of '73. Made for a very boring summer for a kid.  8-P

Subject: Re: Do you remember where you were & what you were doing during Watergate

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/24/16 at 9:23 pm

I was 12 years old during the Watergate hearings. All I remember is that the hearings was the only thing on tv during the day that whole summer of '73. Made for a very boring summer for a kid.  8-P

Yeah, I was 13 then.  I tuned most of it out - even though, as you mentioned, it was all over the TV news.  I do remember a feeling of creeping malaise, that there was a big stink brewing with all of these politicians - but didn't anticipate how it would end.  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/16 at 2:39 pm

At school, and paying no attention to it.

Also, I missed out seeing the Watergate Hotel, even though we were close to it on my stay in Washington DC a few years back. We had no time to visit it due to a strict and short time schedule. 

Check for new replies or respond here...