inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What year did these 2 songs first come out?

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 05/10/16 at 1:48 pm

"It's Sad To Belong" by England Dan and John Ford Coley and "I Owe You" by Lee Greenwood

Subject: Re: What year did these 2 songs first come out?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/16 at 2:02 pm

From wiki:

"It's Sad to Belong" is a song written by Randy Goodrum and performed by England Dan & John Ford Coley on their 1977 album, Dowdy Ferry Road. Called a "timeless classic", it peaked at #21 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and #1 on the easy listening chart. It was one of the earlier pop hits in Goodrum's career.

"I.O.U. (I Owe You)" is a song written by Kerry Chater and Austin Roberts, and performed by American country music artist Lee Greenwood. It was released in March 1983 the first single from his album Somebody's Gonna Love You. The single peaked at number 6 on the U.S. country charts, and number 4 in Canada. It also peaked at number 4 on the U.S. adult contemporary charts. Other than "God Bless the USA", it is Greenwood's biggest crossover hit, peaking at number 53 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Check for new replies or respond here...