inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Moog Star Spangled Banner

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/24/16 at 4:09 pm

GMKt9vxyjOA

Okay so this is the moog sign off of many TV stations in the 1970s and there's a part in it that I've never been able to figure out.  There's a screen with an areronautics screen that says "THE PILOT WHO HAD EVERYTHING" and I'm wondering what that means exactly?

Subject: Re: Moog Star Spangled Banner

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/26/16 at 4:30 pm

Hmm - don't remember this at all, even me being a 70's teen.  But then again I seldom caught a station's sign off  ::)

It is pretty cool - it definitely fits the 70s.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/26/16 at 9:59 pm

Okay so this is the moog sign off of many TV stations in the 1970s and there's a part in it that I've never been able to figure out.  There's a screen with an areronautics screen that says "THE PILOT WHO HAD EVERYTHING" and I'm wondering what that means exactly?

http://i.imgur.com/ZzCGzWW.jpg

Sure is a lot of Vietnam war imagery.  I'm guessing it was stock footage / training video for equipment maintenance? 

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/27/16 at 3:37 pm

http://i.imgur.com/ZzCGzWW.jpg

Sure is a lot of Vietnam war imagery.  I'm guessing it was stock footage / training video for equipment maintenance?

It makes sense.  :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/02/17 at 9:54 pm

It makes sense.  :)

Yeah, but it's not the answer you were looking for. Any Vietnam vets who worked in training or maintenance of whatever that equipment was should recognize it. Most of the people on this board, myself included, are too young to recognize it. But if any of you should find this post in years to come, sound off.

Check for new replies or respond here...