inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Suzi Quatro

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/11/17 at 4:48 pm

The girl from Detroit.  When I was just entering my teenage years she was a BIG thing in Australia, and as I understand it, Britain.  Not quite so much in her own country, where she only achieved one Number One.

This was prior to her appearances on Happy Days as Leather Tuscadero.

Why bring this up?  Well, more than 40 years after I used to sit with the reel to reel tape recorder in front of the radio, waiting for her songs (and others), and being angry at the announcers for talking over the start and the end of the songs, I went and saw her in concert the other night.

She is now 63.  Hair is a little greyer, jowels are a tad wider, she has kept herself in shape, same body as in her 20s.  And it was a great concert, thoroughly enjoyed it.  I swear I walked out with industrial deafness though!

Here is a pic I took with my phone, unfortunately I was a little too far back.  But there ya go anyway.

Subject: Re: Suzi Quatro

Written By: karen on 02/11/17 at 5:16 pm

I used to love Suzi Quatro.  I wanted to be her! I got my hair cut in a similar style

Devil Gate Drive is probably my favourite

Written By: Howard on 02/12/17 at 2:25 pm

The girl from Detroit.  When I was just entering my teenage years she was a BIG thing in Australia, and as I understand it, Britain.  Not quite so much in her own country, where she only achieved one Number One.

This was prior to her appearances on Happy Days as Leather Tuscadero.

Why bring this up?  Well, more than 40 years after I used to sit with the reel to reel tape recorder in front of the radio, waiting for her songs (and others), and being angry at the announcers for talking over the start and the end of the songs, I went and saw her in concert the other night.

She is now 63.  Hair is a little greyer, jowels are a tad wider, she has kept herself in shape, same body as in her 20s.  And it was a great concert, thoroughly enjoyed it.  I swear I walked out with industrial deafness though!

Here is a pic I took with my phone, unfortunately I was a little too far back.  But there ya go anyway.

Wow, still rocking the lather jacket. :o

Written By: gibbo on 02/15/17 at 12:48 am

That's awsome! I, too, have been a fan since the early 70's ... and I'm a tad jealous.  Suzi was one of the original rock chics. She had one powerful set of lungs and a bass guitar as big as herself.  ... along with Carol Lloyd (who passed recently). You'd remember her (you're a Brissie boy aren't you)?

Check for new replies or respond here...