inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mystery name of a childhood toy

Written By: Kyemullins on 03/17/17 at 2:08 pm

Hey, I'm trying to find out the name of a childhood toy. I remember opening it on Christmas morning. It consisted of a little plastic white puppy with long ears and brown spots. It came with a big sheet of plastic that folded out and had trees kinda like a city on it. Now if I remember correctly, I drew on it with crayons and the puppy would follow the crayon markings. Am I remembering this correctly. Please help. I'm going nuts trying to recall this toy's name.

Subject: Re: Mystery name of a childhood toy

Written By: loki 13 on 03/18/17 at 8:02 am

Hey, I'm trying to find out the name of a childhood toy. I remember opening it on Christmas morning. It consisted of a little plastic white puppy with long ears and brown spots. It came with a big sheet of plastic that folded out and had trees kinda like a city on it. Now if I remember correctly, I drew on it with crayons and the puppy would follow the crayon markings. Am I remembering this correctly. Please help. I'm going nuts trying to recall this toy's name.

Trail Tracker Hound Dog made by Kenner?

Written By: karen on 03/18/17 at 11:24 am

Trail Tracker Hound Dog made by Kenner?

Ooh that sounds good.  I did a bit of googling last night but kept getting loads of images of toys for dogs rather than dog based toys so it got a bit frustrating.  I did find another forum where someone mentioned having a similar toy that was a vehicle of some description that worked in the same way.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/19/17 at 7:53 pm

Ooh that sounds good.  I did a bit of googling last night but kept getting loads of images of toys for dogs rather than dog based toys so it got a bit frustrating.  I did find another forum where someone mentioned having a similar toy that was a vehicle of some description that worked in the same way.

http://i.imgur.com/BIRlGwj.jpg

Familiar?

It was a line-following robot, probably with the same guts as 1978's Kenner Trail Tracker Van:

http://i.imgur.com/LCEQ0cQ.jpg

68RQHfcxxZM

Written By: karen on 03/20/17 at 5:17 pm

Hopefully Kyemullins will come back and confirm, but I reckon this has been solved.  Karma all round

Written By: Kyemullins on 03/25/17 at 1:18 am

oh my Gosh! Yes that is it!! Thank you guys so much for all your hard work and research. I can finally test my brain! It brought back so many fond memories for me! Thanks to everyone . This is my first time posting  a question and you have really impressed me with the speedy response. I will definitely use this site for future lapses in memory. I'm sure there's plenty more. Good night. God bless.

Check for new replies or respond here...