inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Yorkers interviewed on the street in 1979

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/12/18 at 6:14 pm

UiMus1FJb9w

Subject: Re: New Yorkers interviewed on the street in 1979

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/12/18 at 8:33 pm

^ Cool!  Kinda interesting what people said about computers.  Even as they weren't nearly the part of our everyday lives as they are today, people still had opinions about computers then.  :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/12/18 at 8:36 pm

^ Cool!  Kinda interesting what people said about computers.  Even as they weren't nearly the part of our everyday lives as they are today, people still had opinions about computers then.  :)

Yep, I agree.

I also like how so many people stopped to look at the camera ;D.

Written By: Howard on 04/13/18 at 7:20 am

UiMus1FJb9w

That is cool that they took the time to get interviewed and very smart about it. I wonder when the 40th anniversary of that video will come about and what information people will be brought up.

Written By: yelimsexa on 04/24/18 at 7:31 am

I'd say what got my attention the most was the term "information society/age", since by and large, although the modern Internet as we know it was still 15 years away, the thought of quick information in the future had so many of those folks puzzled. The 1970s were truly the start of the transition from the manufacturing age to the information age, led by the introduction of VCRs, floppy discs, personal computers, digital silicon chips, and the earliest cellphone prototypes. Some historians call this shift as the dawn of the "Third Industrial Revolution", in contrast to the first one launched by steam/iron and the second by the automobile engine and the boom in oil. The knowledge economy was unfolding even if many didn't know about it then. I'd wish they'd show the area around Times Square instead of Wall Street, but still cool to see the cars/fashions of the period.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 10:47 am

I'd say what got my attention the most was the term "information society/age", since by and large, although the modern Internet as we know it was still 15 years away, the thought of quick information in the future had so many of those folks puzzled. The 1970s were truly the start of the transition from the manufacturing age to the information age, led by the introduction of VCRs, floppy discs, personal computers, digital silicon chips, and the earliest cellphone prototypes. Some historians call this shift as the dawn of the "Third Industrial Revolution", in contrast to the first one launched by steam/iron and the second by the automobile engine and the boom in oil. The knowledge economy was unfolding even if many didn't know about it then. I'd wish they'd show the area around Times Square instead of Wall Street, but still cool to see the cars/fashions of the period.

Yeah, I agree with you.

Written By: Howard on 04/24/18 at 2:04 pm

Can you find any other interviews on the street from the 1970's possibly? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 3:07 pm

Can you find any other interviews on the street from the 1970's possibly? ???

Nope.

Written By: Howard on 04/25/18 at 2:56 pm

Nope.

I'll have to look on YouTube.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/18 at 2:59 pm

I'll have to look on YouTube.
There could be some on news channels?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/25/18 at 3:37 pm

Yeah, but news interviews just aren't the same.

Written By: Wobo on 04/25/18 at 3:42 pm

Theres an channel called Newsactive3 that uploads archive news coverages they have one from April of 1970.
4YQOhLVIyNo

Written By: Howard on 04/25/18 at 4:01 pm

possibility.

Check for new replies or respond here...