inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If You Grew Up in the Mid-Atlantic States in the 70s-80s Do You Remember?

Written By: AcoBrasil on 09/17/20 at 12:17 pm

Captain 20 WDCA / The Channel 20 Club
Count Gore de Vol
Burger Chef Fast Food Restaurant
People's Drug Store
Dart Drug Store
Circuit City
Joon Ree Karate Commercials
Erol's Video Store
Hechinger's Hardware
Woodward & Lothrop
Hecht's
Trak Auto
Crown Books

Subject: Re: If You Grew Up in the Mid-Atlantic States in the 70s-80s Do You Remember?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/17/20 at 2:16 pm

Count Gore de Vol
People's Drug Store
Dart Drug Store
Circuit City
Erol's Video Store
Hechinger's Hardware
Woodward & Lothrop
Hecht's
Trak Auto
Crown Books

A lot of these were not just mid-Atlantic states. Burger Chef was in Massachusetts, too. I remember People's Drug & Circuit City.

Cat

Subject: Re: If You Grew Up in the Mid-Atlantic States in the 70s-80s Do You Remember?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/17/20 at 2:21 pm

Count Gore de Vol
People's Drug Store
Dart Drug Store
Circuit City
Erol's Video Store
Hechinger's Hardware
Woodward & Lothrop
Hecht's
Trak Auto
Crown Books

Circuit City lasted well into the 2000s.

Written By: Howard on 09/18/20 at 7:45 am

Count Gore de Vol
People's Drug Store
Dart Drug Store
Circuit City
Erol's Video Store
Hechinger's Hardware
Woodward & Lothrop
Hecht's
Trak Auto
Crown Books

I only remember Circuit City.

Written By: yelimsexa on 09/22/20 at 10:14 am

Crazy Eddie
Bamberger's (pre-Macy's)
Gimbel's
Mr. Ray's Hair Weave
White Tower restaurants
A&P supermarkets when they were still relevant
WPVI Channel 6 Million Dollar Movie
WJZ's Jerry Turner
Strawbridge & Clothier
Garfinckel's
Raleighs
John Wanamaker department stores
Candy Apple News Company (kids show)

Written By: Howard on 09/22/20 at 1:39 pm

Crazy Eddie
Bamberger's (pre-Macy's)
Gimbel's
Mr. Ray's Hair Weave
White Tower restaurants
A&P supermarkets when they were still relevant
WPVI Channel 6 Million Dollar Movie
WJZ's Jerry Turner
Strawbridge & Clothier
Garfinckel's
Raleighs
John Wanamaker department stores
Candy Apple News Company (kids show)

Out of all of these the only things I can remember are Crazy Eddie, Gimbels and A&P Supermarkets.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/22/20 at 2:11 pm

Crazy Eddie. His prices are INSANE!

Nope, don't remember.  ;) :D ;D lol.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/22/20 at 2:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAO-mdg00tE
Newmark And Lewis

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/22/20 at 2:46 pm

Are A&P supermarkets still in existence?  They were prevalent in Chicagoland when I was a kid, but then in the mid 1970's they pulled out of the market.  However I recall as a student at U of M, they were still going in the Detroit area (Ann Arbor) with no indication of leaving.  I recall as a kid that A&P was one of the parents' favorite grocery stores.

Written By: Howard on 09/23/20 at 4:03 am

Are A&P supermarkets still in existence?  They were prevalent in Chicagoland when I was a kid, but then in the mid 1970's they pulled out of the market.  However I recall as a student at U of M, they were still going in the Detroit area (Ann Arbor) with no indication of leaving.  I recall as a kid that A&P was one of the parents' favorite grocery stores.

I think A&P went bankrupt (Chapter 11) since Stop N Shop had taken over 6-7 years ago.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/23/20 at 10:09 am

I think A&P went bankrupt (Chapter 11) since Stop N Shop had taken over 6-7 years ago.

Thanks, Howard!  :)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/23/20 at 10:26 am

Jefferson Airplane's now-classic 1971 album "Bark" came packaged in a brown paper grocery bag. Look familiar?

http://www.cvinyl.com/images/covers/22062.jpg

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/23/20 at 4:47 pm

Jefferson Airplane's now-classic 1971 album "Bark" came packaged in a brown paper grocery bag. Look familiar?

http://www.cvinyl.com/images/covers/22062.jpg

O0 

Written By: Howard on 09/24/20 at 7:17 am

Thanks, Howard!  :)

You're Welcome. O0

Check for new replies or respond here...