inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cannibal Girls 1972

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/15/21 at 1:53 am

9UDNyGTiaRg

NSFW!

Men come for lunch and stay for dinner.

Starring Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin.  8-P  8-P  8-P  8-P

I love that warning.

In order not to offend those in the audience with a squeamish or prudish disposition the sound of a bell will warn you when to turn away or cover your eyes to avoid seeing certain scenes of an erotic or gruesome nature.

Thank god I wasn't alive when this movie came out! I think that if this movie came out in the now time it could have easily gotten an NC17 rating according to www.filmratings.com.  But it came out in 1972 and was R rated.

Subject: Re: Cannibal Girls 1972

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/15/21 at 2:01 am

9UDNyGTiaRg

NSFW!

I love that warning.

In order not to offend those in the audience with a squeamish or prudish disposition the sound of a bell will warn you when to turn away or cover your eyes to avoid seeing certain scenes of an erotic or gruesome nature.

Thank god I wasn't alive when this movie came out! I think that if this movie came out in the now time it could have easily gotten an NC17 rating according to www.filmratings.com.  But it came out in 1972 and was R rated.
I think I saw it, back on its release here in the UK in 1976. The violence warning warning was not included in the screening I saw.

Written By: Contigo on 11/15/21 at 6:35 am

The Midwest farmer's daughters really make you feel alright
And the Northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night
I wish they all could be Cannibal type
I wish they all could be Cannibal type girls

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/15/21 at 6:52 am

The Midwest farmer's daughters really make you feel alright
And the Northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night
I wish they all could be Cannibal type girls
First ccannibal gal go around the outisde, round the outside, round the outside (you know it)
Two cannibal gals go around the outside, 'round the outside, 'round the outside
Three cannibal gals (baaa) go around the outside (baaa, ba, ba)
Four cannibal gals (baaa) go around the outside, 'round the outside (baaa),
'round the outside (baaa)
Four cannibal gals go around the outside and dosie doe your partners (baaa)

Written By: Howard on 11/16/21 at 3:21 am

9UDNyGTiaRg

NSFW!

I love that warning.

You mean like people eating other people? :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/16/21 at 3:23 am

It's only a film!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/16/21 at 1:30 pm

Yes.  It's an Ivan Reitman B class horror flick.  Good grief! Who were Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin's managers back then?

One guy was stabbed with an ax
One guy was eaten alive
One guy was stabbed with a pair of scissors
And Eugene Levy's character was clubbed in the stomach with the end of an ax.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 2:47 am

This film acted as good training ground for one of the leading film directors of today.

I can recall there was another film that had a warning siren before the scary scenes from back in the 1950s, it could had been "House of Wax".

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/17/21 at 3:03 am

I once saw a movie called Cannibal Holocaust that came out a few years later. It was pretty horrifying.  :o :o :o

Written By: Howard on 11/17/21 at 3:36 am

Yes.  It's an Ivan Reitman B class horror flick.  Good grief! Who were Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin's managers back then?

One guy was stabbed with an ax
One guy was eaten alive
One guy was stabbed with a pair of scissors
And Eugene Levy's character was clubbed in the stomach with the end of an ax.

Oh Wow, That's disgusting!  8-P

Written By: Howard on 11/17/21 at 3:36 am

I once saw a movie called Cannibal Holocaust that came out a few years later. It was pretty horrifying.  :o :o :o

I think any film with the word "cannibal" in the title will be a bit horrifying.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 3:41 am

Did you ever see the original "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" from 1974 directed by Tobe Hooper.?

From wiki:
"After its initial British release, including a one-year theatrical run in London, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre was initially banned on the advice of British Board of Film Censors (BBFC) Secretary Stephen Murphy, and subsequently by his successor, James Ferman. While the British ban was in force the word "chainsaw" itself was barred from movie titles, forcing imitators to rename their films. In 1998, despite the BBFC ban, Camden London Borough Council granted the film a license. The following year the BBFC passed The Texas Chain Saw Massacre for release with an 18 certificate (indicating that it should not be seen or purchased by a person under 18), and it was broadcast a year later on Channel 4."

I saw it on its original release, complete..

Written By: Howard on 11/17/21 at 4:29 am

Did you ever see the original "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" from 1974 directed by Tobe Hooper.?

From wiki:
"After its initial British release, including a one-year theatrical run in London, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre was initially banned on the advice of British Board of Film Censors (BBFC) Secretary Stephen Murphy, and subsequently by his successor, James Ferman. While the British ban was in force the word "chainsaw" itself was barred from movie titles, forcing imitators to rename their films. In 1998, despite the BBFC ban, Camden London Borough Council granted the film a license. The following year the BBFC passed The Texas Chain Saw Massacre for release with an 18 certificate (indicating that it should not be seen or purchased by a person under 18), and it was broadcast a year later on Channel 4."

I saw it on its original release, complete..

No I don't think I did, Maybe My Father did.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/17/21 at 11:17 pm

I know.  I watched that trailer and I watched the gory bits and I'm just so desensitized to the violence in this movie and I'm just so desensitized to just violence in general.  :o :o :o

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/18/21 at 12:57 am

9UDNyGTiaRg

I love that bell, it's so cheesy yet effectively freaky at the same time.

I also love old American International Pictures B-movies in general. They were almost all low-budget and kind of ridiculous, but they also had this weird kind of charm to them.

Written By: Howard on 11/18/21 at 3:35 am

I know.  I watched that trailer and I watched the gory bits and I'm just so desensitized to the violence in this movie and I'm just so desensitized to just violence in general.  :o :o :o

Unless you're into this kind of genre then all the power to you.

Check for new replies or respond here...