inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Two's Company

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/20/22 at 12:32 pm

Do any of our UK friends remember a BBC TV show called "Two's Company" starring Broadway actress Elaine Stritch and English actor Donald Sindon that ran from about 1975-1980? I've been watching a few episodes on Youtube and it's quite entertaining.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8hJYJCGNK7k/hqdefault.jpg

Subject: Re: Two's Company

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/22 at 1:00 pm

I do remember this comedy series, but I think I did not watch for is started at a time when I had left school, found work, and was doing other things to enjoy life.

BTW, I did get to met briefly Elaine Stritch at one of my work establishments. She was very charming.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/20/22 at 1:06 pm

I do remember this comedy series, but I think I did not watch for is started at a time when I had left school, found work, and was doing other things to enjoy life.

BTW, I did get to met briefly Elaine Stritch at one of my work establishments. She was very charming.

Good to hear. From all accounts, she also had the capacity to be quite tempestuous. I think her time in England agreed with her.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/22 at 1:09 pm

Good to hear. From all accounts, she also had the capacity to be quite tempestuous. I think her time in England agreed with her.
At the time, she was also on stage in West End productions, and was staying at a leading hotel in central London.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/22 at 5:55 pm

It sounds familiar. I used to watch a bunch of Brit-coms on PBS in the early '80s (Butterflies, Mind Your Language, The Good Life). I think this one might have been one of them but I don't recall ever watching it.

Cat

Subject: Two's Company

Written By: Dude111 on 01/20/22 at 11:22 pm

Hmmmmmmmm I dont remember ever seeing it!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/24/22 at 3:39 pm

It sounds familiar. I used to watch a bunch of Brit-coms on PBS in the early '80s (Butterflies, Mind Your Language, The Good Life). I think this one might have been one of them but I don't recall ever watching it.

Cat
I always have loved "Butterflies", especially Geoffrey Palmer.

I do not think that "Mind Your Language" can be shown now due to modern day standards.

At the time, I never got to see "The Good Life", I was then working and doing other things.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/24/22 at 4:23 pm

I always have loved "Butterflies", especially Geoffrey Palmer.

I do not think that "Mind Your Language" can be shown now due to modern day standards.

At the time, I never got to see "The Good Life", I was then working and doing other things.

I always love the opening song to "Butterflies". It was much later that I discovered that it was written by Dolly Parton. Of course I wasn't a fan of country music so I wasn't familiar with much of her music.

As for "Mind Your Language," they TRIED to recreate it here and called it "What A Country" starring comedian Yakov Smirnoff (who defected from the Soviet Union). Needless to say, the show didn't last too long. It wasn't as good as the British counterpart.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 01/25/22 at 10:37 pm

Elaine Stritch was such a good actor.  She was very good a playing a craggly old b*tch who had a sour attitude and belittled everyone and I expected nothing less in everything I saw her in

Check for new replies or respond here...